The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting Service

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Interesting Service - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 14:06

i quit the markets,,too many forces going against me there...too many factors to consider...i did trade siri a while back from.11 to .16...then dumped it...havent lookd at thm in a while HD radio will shred them to pieces,,,imo

cloud computing,,tad above my arena of thoughts,,my interssts lie in what people want to see and how they see it,,,not who hosts it and all that other mumbo jumbo...but is popular..
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 23:15

I don't see cloud computing as an issue.

Web navigation is still going to require destination points. While cloud computing does a great job of minimizing the interface from the user's end (by moving everything onto web servers) and lowering barriers of entry to the net, data pushing (like rss in a browser) will still have to be identified and subscribed to. Cloud computing has a huge potential market, as the servers can handle all the technical stuff that goes with operating a computer hard drive.

Of course projecting the net three years from now is a difficult guess. There will always be a struggle between those who want centralization and those who want decentralization, the outcome of which may have significant implications. Cloud computing will have the best advantage in reducing the size of the interface and the dependence of users on operating systems, which is why Bill Gates knows he's likely to be obsolete, due to being out evolved within a decade.

Of course a decade down the road, presuming a reasonably smooth cultural transition off of peak oil is going to be even harder to predict. Read Accelrando by Charles Stross to get an idea of the deeper implications of the computer trend.

In unrelated news, computers have now beaten masters of the game go on at least a few occaisions.

MEGOLOMAN
thanks for the heads up, gotta watch spelling. Add any character or remove one and its a completely different url. All makes sense now.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr - 7:52

Alright, got a lot done today.
Not an optimal domain name in terms of raw search, far from actually, but I know some well trafficked places where it will be recognized immediately if I post it. So I thought I'd run it out and test Noomle's limits.

http://www.sarajevolist.com

The sarajevo list is a document which describes the fastest 100 disappearing commodities during a crisis, so I am attempting to build an amazon store with one page of goods for each of the items on the list. I've got 7 posted so far, and goods scouted for the first 23 items. Figured I'd switch from scouring amazon to starting the site, so doing a lot of writing, but should be interesting. So far the menu bar has continued to adjust the position of the words and possibly the font size, should find out soon whether I'm capped out on the number of stores or if it will start printing new rows.

Will try to get it set up over the next couple of days, time permitting and then start a campaign to get backlinks, if I can in fact get enough pages onto it. One way to find out.

Feel free to check out the site, I think its starting to look pretty good.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr - 8:33

Damn, may have to switch templates. I liked that one too. It did create the second row, but it placed it over the site image. Unfortunately in this case its white on white, so that will affect my options. I may just continue with it and put a hyperlinked list on the main page. Anyhow, seems to function, although the right template selection may become a factor.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr - 9:04

man u register some strange sh* shape..
xtemail.com was available last night but godadddy errored me out
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue 7 Apr - 10:49

I have entirely different reasons for regging this one. Designed for a very specific audience which I think will enjoy it.
Just designed a new logo for it.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr - 5:43

UPDATE

Got some sites indexed now. SIx on the front page for the term relating to the site. No number one slots, but haven't tweaked them yet, and most only have one content page. Got a #2 in a small niche. More importantly, I have a #6 slot in a broad search with 17,600,000 results.

Dot com is definitely doing the best, but not sure if the others are indexed yet. The dot US is in a really tough category, but is picking up high spots on a number of obscure searches. I get a new query every day that brings someone in from that one.

Anyhow, preliminary outlook is strong and can confirm that its working, at least for now.

Starting to get some tags from Redmond Washington on quite a few of my sites. I am guessing that MSN is in the process of indexing them.
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr - 12:32

Coolio...someday you'll both have your own little cloud that rains silver dollars on you.

This is a hard hat zone :-)
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri 10 Apr - 12:50

Hazard I'd be willing to navigate. Worth a shot anyhow.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat 18 Apr - 0:11

Have one site that is trading #1/#2 with wiki

Feeling cautious about the directory. Google is starting to see my listed sites different. Will have to keep an eye on that.

Coms are hitting first page in primary term, at about 80% success.
Best US is page 2
Google very slow in indexing other extensions
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Service
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4