The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting Service

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Interesting Service - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr - 8:11

That attitude is prevalant, and I think part of a deep core philosophy, which is one of the things that attracted me to noomle over other options. That and I think the idea is fundamentally sound and well executed. Hopefully I'm right, my gut tells me that this is going to be a very good thing.

There are a lot of domainers who are looking for something exactly like this, and the fact that the site has identified a gap in services and is moving aggressively to develop exactly what the domain community is asking for is important. Since domainers are interested in making money from the getgo, they are well positioned both to make the venture succeed and have the knowledge base to make it happen.

I agree that something like that would be very different from Rockys approach, his was to hype the hell out of it to the media, recruit as many people as possible and exploit the situation as much as possible with as little investment as possible. Compare how long it took Rockys team to implement something with the speed at which Rachid's is doing so. Rocky was better capitalized, but his philosophies seem pretty bush league in comparison.

Just reaffirms my initial impressions. I also think they are well positioned to attract talent as they grow, something that weblo was not as successful at. Sure, its not so much a social network, but I think it will be a very useful tool.

And no, I don't see Rocky writing that kind of thing at all. The mindset is completely different, and the level of personal attachment to the project are on entirely different levels of magnitude. Weblo didn't give a damn about being responsive, they just wanted your money, all talk and no substance. I sense something much different here.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr - 9:01

i spoke at length with rachid last night,in chat....
quotes
noomle will NEVER shut down,no matter what
he is from Morrocoo
moved to ky mainly for his kids/enviroment etc
hes heard of weblo,admires the concept,but also sees where they went wrong
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr - 9:12

as far as his site,hes not concerned about anyoneor anything,,as he said,,,noone can scam him because theres nothign to scam...in a nutshell the site is just a big engine,,providing wheels and fuel...a server with a name basically... theres plenty of room for social atmosphere,,if that sur gig....can yavanna etc...their forum with a built in chat,,,lket the gabbers gab away...decent place to go when ur burned out or wanna take a break from building,,,smart people their can always learn something..and implement it on ur own stuff,,
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr - 9:19

as far as my first RECON mission
the core team is
SEL- kinda wild souther georgia girl,,,if i had to guess id say ex military...possible african american..will shot from the hip and take no shit

chaz-from germany,tad higher on the intelligent scale,,possible a heavy domainer,

topdiplomat-megloman type,,,overall middle of the road,,,havent found his vein yet

eric-careful with him...coder,webloid type...think he could recode my whole website and force it noomle if u piss him off...lives in ky,,proclaimed himself a redneck9careful arrf..lol)

noomle-leader,easil accessable, honest striaght forward..uncocnerned with trivial details,uncocnerned about blackmail,loves subdomains
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu 2 Apr - 12:12

Good report. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 8:42

Members templates
(think I need to change my newsfeed keywords for this one, but the site looks good) in this layout
http://coinsgold.us/
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 8:46

quick idea,,toss in some heavy favored gold company stocks,,may get some cross reference searches... auy nxg fcx cgr a few off the top of my head
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 9:04

Nice idea, maybe write up an article on that tommorow, thanks. Keyword repetition up to a point is good. I have a gold coins affiliate, may do something like that.

Heres some examples of the contributer templates (at least until I change them again)
(cts2)
http://www.longtermcareinsurancesales.com
http://www.throws.tv

(cts)
http://www.chesssetsforsale.com

(cts3v2)
http://www.coinsgold.us
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 15:01

Hey Shaper, just wanted to let you know none of your links are taking me anywhere. As in (Address Not Found) Firefox can't find the server at www.chesssetsforsale.com.

Other links are working for me here so just thought you should know the ones regarding this Noomle might need some tweeking.

Oh and CPE...nice site, keep working on it. Add some beer ads and you'll have enough to carry you through the recession.

And what is it you wish to "RECON"? I'm all over the "middle of the road" thing but even the most experienced need more than a few stabs to find my vein. They run deep...^0^

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=29682&archive=50100&starttime=2:52:02
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 15:07

it was a compliment meglo
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 20:52

Megloman wrote:
Hey Shaper, just wanted to let you know none of your links are taking me anywhere. As in (Address Not Found) Firefox can't find the server at www.chesssetsforsale.com.

Other links are working for me here so just thought you should know the ones regarding this Noomle might need some tweeking.

Oh and CPE...nice site, keep working on it. Add some beer ads and you'll have enough to carry you through the recession.

And what is it you wish to "RECON"? I'm all over the "middle of the road" thing but even the most experienced need more than a few stabs to find my vein. They run deep...^0^

http://wfmu.org/flashplayer.php?version=2&show=29682&archive=50100&starttime=2:52:02

Noticed the link you showed me had a period after the .com
did I post them that way?

Am getting type in traffic on some of my sites
3dvideogames.net
survivalequipment.us
geting inbounds from reddit
showing a couple of hits from this forum.

links seem to be working from forum for me? none work? When did you check, noomle was down earlier today for a bit, not sure what happened but its back up. Possibly maintenance.
http://www.chesssetsforsale.com should work (will post and test). Not my best site, need some suitable graphics for it, and the writing is mediocre, still the link should work.

Thanks for the report, confirm?

Last edited by shaper on Sun 5 Apr - 9:33; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 21:03

are you selling chess sets? cant u just go to wal mart and buy ine for $9?..this is what o dont get???????????????????
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat 4 Apr - 21:03

once i bought a custom glass chess and checker set from big lots for 13.99...
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 7:01

There are those, there also chess sets made of marble, jade or handcarved wooden sets representing various historical armies. Quality chess sets can cost hundreds of dollars. Presumably someone out there makes them of real gold and silver, or other exotic materials. Also just one of a line of products carried by big stores, that just want you in the virtual door. Doesn't matter what they sell, just a question of whether there is money in promoting them. Hard to tell yet if that one will work out or not, just something that caught my eye.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 7:41

Been reading through the namepros thread on noomle. Most people getting indexed in 7 to 14 days.
Yahoo getting results. Heres a repost from someone who has quite a few sites.

Dated March 28th...
"The new template is looking good.
Im nearly at 100 sites on Noomle not far away.
Here is my most recent site
ThemeParkTickets.biz using the latest template.
Remember guys to donate to the noomle team as we need to help this site stay free for everyone to use forever!
I have over 25 site ranking numberone in Yahoo and most on the first page for my other sites.
If you want proof I can supply examples!"

not sure how tough his keywords are, but looks promising.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 7:55

u can donate as little as $2...i tossed him $2...so im a contributor...7 days sint bad,,thats about where weblo was a while back
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 9:31

Nothing wrong with that. I can wait a week or two. Been getting search hits on one of them, but don't remember which. Would be nice to load all my domains on to one page instead of checking individually, too easy to forget stuff. MSN is supposed to index well also, so from these stats yahoo and msn combine for about 25% of the market.

http://www.hitwise.com/press-center/hitwiseHS2004/leader-record-growth.php

Which gives a good chance at a first page ranking on 1/4 of all searches. Hard to say how that applies to very competitive searches (probably not as true) thats still a lot of potential hits. Take the value of a #1 page on google and divide by 3.5 and you have the value of being on top of yahoo. Still damned impressive, and probably a hell of a lot better than being on google page 2.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 10:01

yea...right now im balancing blogspot versus noomle...am curious which is the exact best route,,ii hate being spread all over heck and back..but seems like i am
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 12:46

First, CPE...of course I took your comment as a compliment...not much of a diplomat if you got thin skin...still didn't answer my question though.

Shaper, yes well none of your links were working yesterday morning and I just clicked the one with the period and got this.

Server Default page

If you see this page it means:
1. hosting for this domain is not configured
or
2. there's no such domain registered in Parallels Plesk Control Panel

What you can do:

* Using Parallels Plesk Control Panel, you can create domains with web hosting on a single physical server.

For more information please contact Administrator.

...but the good news is I clicked your link without the period and I got to your chess set page. So I guess it's up to you to be vigilant against unwanted punctuation.

I don't know much about domaining or I'd try harder in following what you're all talking about here. We can all use a little more trickle our streams...weblo well has gone dry it appears...^0^
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 12:49

meg we are talkin about noomle.com...its real domains,,u buy and dress them out,,noomle hosts them and runs the ads...u get 100% of any ad revenue...
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 12:51

Question;
If "cloud computing" is going to be the next "BIG THING" will any of this work you're doing be relevent in a year or three? Question
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 12:54

thanks CPE...I got that much outta the first 4 pages in this thread. scratch
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 12:55

whats cloud computing?
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 13:20

sorry...couldn't say much as I know little but some in the know are saying it'll slay Mr. Bill...hear tell he's whining already because he wasn't invited to the party...here's a link from an IT perspective...^0^

http://www.infoworld.com/d/cloud-computing/what-cloud-computing-really-means-031

"I know a little...but baby you can google the rest." tongue
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun 5 Apr - 13:37

Let me know what you think after you look into it. I'm sure you'll figure a few dot.com (isms) to hook onto the money cloud. Wink

It's my understanding that this is the next big play in tech stocks and my interest lies more there. I know you like to play the markets a little...you get in on SIRI's 500% + jump from a nickle these past months?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting Service   Interesting Service - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting Service
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next