The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages

Go down 
+3
Admin
charleston
Webloid
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Empty
PostSubject: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 14:18

Quote :
Hey, what's up with this content preview page?! You're giving out my asset content without letting me get a hit on my page. There's no way I can abide this. Weblo has already taken away revenue sharing and cut Pass Go payouts by 90%, now you're serving up my asset's content in such a way that I don't get *anything* for it. It's bad enough I don't get credit for hits to my communities, image galleries, video galleries and such, and have to compete with thousands of auto-generated pages, but to take away the only place I can get a hit is rediculous!

I applogize if I sound like I'm raving, but for an active contributing Weblo member, this is a serious matter.

Because of this I am no longer making any new registrations, I do not intend to renew my VIP status at Weblo (which expires in a few days), and I am withdrawing all funds from my account.

Until I see some positive changes in my ability to earn something for the countless hours I put into Weblo I just simply refuse to give Weblo another dollar and I've half a mind to remove the content from all 594 of my pages and replace it with an explaination why it's gone.

Weblo needs to communication with it's members more and take it's concerns to heart because without members what have you got?

I'd appreciate a response on this matter.

~ Webloid
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 14:23

well that about sums it up,thanks for sharing. please share any response you get,as these concerns are all of ours
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 15:05

I've taken another check from Weblo, leaving just 1 penny in my account. Normally there's 2 or 3 hundred dollars, but there's no way I'm going to have my hands tied and be handicapped by this kind of thing. Weblo needs to understand that they can't keep edging members out of the revenue stream without consequences.

I'm tempted to remove the content from all of my nearly 600 pages and replace it with a detailed explanation of why it's gone. All those bright colorful icons of my pages can easily be replaced with one that says, "WEBLO DOESN'T PAY". I'll even make it animated so it catches the eye :C)

I don't want to do it, but there's becoming fewer and fewer reasons not to...
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 15:10

hey i understand your frustraston,im not renewing my vip currently either(expires oct 11th if anyone needs domains between now and then $2.00 charge cheaper than weblo..,,going back and rereading their news release from the time they started,,,,,jeez it seems they are paothlogical lairs,i posted one onthe forum under news i think...hopefully a postive direction will take shape and SOON..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 20:59

Sent the same kind of letter . They are sending it to tech and to management to see if they will change the ads about us being paid for our content . lmao what a crock
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
yavanna
Soldier

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 21:09

I too sent a similar note. No response yet!
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 21:31

here we go

hmmm little did we know

Update Content to Maximize Earnings
Move By: Weblo.com Member Support 12-May-2008

Hi Weblonians,

A quick reminder about the importance of adding new content to your Weblo city, state, property, celebrity and domain profiles so you can maximize your earnings.

Updating your content at least once a week leads to higher rankings and earnings. Updating content several times a day is even better for your rankings.

We recommend adding new pictures, videos, news, forums, polls or blogs to make sure you get rewarded with maximum payouts.

You should also try to add content that is relevant to your profile. For example, if you own a city try adding upcoming rock concerts or sports events to the news section of your city site. Or if you are managing a celebrity, update the site with the latest gossip.

This will make your sites more interesting and attract traffic plus help you qualify for higher earnings

omg,i have some land in florida if anyone is interested,,virtual that is
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 21:55

Back to top Go down
dns340
Soldier
dns340

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 9:59

You all make it sound real bad about the content page, if we took our content off all our pages would that get some attention.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cashrental.com
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 8:10

Possibly, but it would also create a lot of work for the users. Possibly a common banner in the section weblo displays when it doesn't hit your page? Not sure. Nice if we could get a protest/petition site into the top slot. That would be funny and probably catch their eye....

Adding New Content.
Sorry, that's probably my fault. Pushed for it early when I had only a few sites, without realizing the long term consequences to large portfolio holders. They liked it and implemented it. Problem is it can be worked around just by spending time hitting the update site button, as far as I know. Also a significant burden for large number of site holders. Flipside is, it works for google, as it makes the page a regularly updated site and more likely to get attention. Nice if they could find a balanced way to score it, based on your total asset ownership or something. No idea, may have got boxed in on that one. The problem is, of course, that it takes away incentive for large portfolios as it makes more sense to concentrate on a small number of assets that it is reasonable to keep updated regularly.
Back to top Go down
HAMPTONBEACH
Legionnaire
HAMPTONBEACH

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 12:06

LOOKS LIKE WE ARE OFF FOR A ROLLER COASTER RIDE!
ALL MARKETING & SALES MODELS 101.
NEWS,REPORT,UPDATE,INFORM,HELP BUILD YOUR TEAM.

IF WEBLO GOT SMART THESE MEASURES WOULD NOT BE HAPPENING.
THEY NEED A WEEKLY NEWS LETTER NOW BEFORE ITS TO LATE!
THEY NEED TO EXPLAIN CHANGES!
THEY NEED TO GIVE NOT JUST TAKE AWAY!
THEY NEED TO SLOW DOWN ON ADS EVERYWHERE TO MUCH IS NOT GOOD!
SHARED PROFIT PLUG INS!!
WE NEED MILLIONS OF NEW MEMBERS SO LETS CLEAR THIS UP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.internationaldrive.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages   Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Letter to Weblo About Content Preview Pages
Page 1 of 1