The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

quick thoughts on the new layout ?

Go down 
+6
dns340
Megloman
shaper
HAMPTONBEACH
nrmillions
Admin
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

quick thoughts on the new layout ? Empty
PostSubject: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul - 15:32

looks more like a social site than anything else. Affraid still not city friendly. They need to tie profiles to cities we own. It is an improvent all good signs .
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
nrmillions
Land Owner

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul - 15:57

At least we know someone is working there since they do these little updates every once in awhile. Now we can also see the total number of members and a breakdown for how many members from each country. They are definitely making it more myspace and facebook like and still havent done anything to improve cities from what i can see so far. It says they have 98k members but when you search for people there are only 60k people, i still dont understand this. The U.S. is #1 with 33k members and #2 is Canada with 6k. I was hoping for more of an upgrade but at least this is something.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/nrmillions/
HAMPTONBEACH
Legionnaire
HAMPTONBEACH

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jul - 18:01

Looking better and the way the market's are now ill be here at Weblo for a long time.
Tying the cities in is a great idea that will come in time.Good to see there in the office
and hard at work also looks to be many new sighn ups.
When housing comes back 24 to 36 months Weblo will be the king.
Back to top Go down
http://www.internationaldrive.com
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 7:52

Happy to see improvements, any improvements. Haven't done an in depth look see yet, but the initial impressions are much better. A major layout change is a lot of work, so its good to see they haven't abandoned the project. All comments are based on very much an initial impressions basis, holding comments on implementation until I get a chance to look around for a while.

Social Networking aspects are one of the top three most important things they can do, and probably a reasonable choice for first order of business. If well implemented it creates interactivity which is vital to weblo's growth and getting/keeping people involved.

First impression, a lot less spammy looking. Much better navigation setup.

Auction has been regrouped to sort cities and states. Still showing sites without logos on the front page. Site map has some dead links (weblo blogs, possibly others) but I think its a strong step forward overall.

Appears to be primarily a cosmetic improvement. Site name does appear in the meta tags
Website redirection is still not happening. Selected keywords have not been implemented into the meta tags or anywhere on the site, which would be nice. Large portfolio navigation tools are not yet present.

Overall, I think its a good improvement for what it is. I think it will serve the primary purpose of increasing traffic. The social networking tools look reasonably well thought out and will attract a wider audience. I think they have a legitimate chance to get buttons placed on sites that collect social networking buttons, tools etc.

If there are any wiki editors in this group, someone should add it to the "social networking sites" page on wiki. The numbers are good enough to justify placement on the page. Hopefully weblo will create buttons and take the time to get some links from various places that deal with collecting this kind of information.

Lots that can be said, think I will expiriment more with it. But I would classify the change as an improvement.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 8:01

I like the way the personal profile pages are setup now. Access to blogs is good. Horoscope is cool. Profile completion meter is cool. This should probably be added to other asset classes as well, useful for determining sites worth showing on front page, for instance.

In site integration is improving. The more I look around, the more I feel that this is a significant positive step forward.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 9:56

well thought about it a lot and I agree shape. We needed to be pointed in a direction. I think the message is clear with this update. Weblo wants to be a social site when it grows up. I was never into
the whole "myspace thing" but see a bunch of good in it. Wouldnt it be wonderful if the depth of our profile page could be caried over to Cities and States ? Cities deserve it. instead of horiscopes Lets have a city guide. Lists of weblo players, coupons ,ads job placements , etc etc etc. The groundwork is now here. Weblo was built on an idea never a foundation. We just need some tools ( all the stuff mentioned above ) and to spread the word that cities need love.
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 12:00

Change is good. I had to go back 17 pages in the WebloWorld Pop Report to find the last time over a hundred new members joined in a 24 hour period. Yesterday 105 new members. Let's hope they like the new layout enough to stick around...^0^

http://www.weblo.com/community_forum/409/Victoria/WebloWorld_Pop_Report/
Back to top Go down
dns340
Soldier
dns340

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 13:53

I like it simple as that, glad to see them do something. page looks great
Back to top Go down
http://www.cashrental.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeTue 29 Jul - 20:47

eveytime i try and get out they pull me back in
any change is good,least the minds are worin up their
cities,i duno,seem to be tossin them a side for now anyway,,sure not a major emphasis on them but still an important part,i think weblo doesnt want to go head on with th city-datas and such...but rather attack them from a different angle
social site is fine,let people sign up and buy stuff city mayors get a cut anyway..
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul - 2:08

Cities have time. You own them for life anyhow. Cities will evolve as membership increases. Increased memberships will bring more revenues and then maybe we will start seeing some useful tools.
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul - 12:11

I've noticed that they've put up what seems to be a live population count on the home page. I've decided to include their count on my WebloWorld Pop Report. I'm also going to post the newest member (as of each posting) so we can get a lock on just which count is more accurate.

The discrepancy between 100,000 members and 60,000 needs to be addressed. IMHOhttp://www.weblo.com/community_forum/409/Victoria/WebloWorld_Pop_Report/
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul - 14:12

EHH too many links coming off my profile to never never land, the highest vote count does nothing but direct you to another page showing my gallery and vids that I don't get hits for. I wait and see how it effects the hits when the engines come lookin and see if it brings in anymore new actives, but for now I am unimpressed.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jul - 16:14

meglo that member count is just a clock set to add 100 each day...lolololololo,by the way did u see the newest member that signed up to weblo today...Kim Kardashian is now at weblo
Back to top Go down
Tintagel

Tintagel

Number of posts : 9

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug - 8:42

I'll be happy when they finally fix the content boxes. The 3000 character limit seems to be random. On many occassions when I have tried to rebuild with LESS information, the maximum character message pops up - seems they are clandestinaley reducing the content allowance? And content updates can also result in the content appearing in odd layouts that cannot be fixed except by deletion! Might be easier to update by erasing all content Lol.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug - 9:34

Probably a bug. Not sure if the description box is fixed yet, but tends to double space text. 100k members coming soon, the new layout will probably help them hold a few more.

Are the blogs fixed yet, haven't checked? Would be nice if they started keeping things like indents and carriage returns.
Back to top Go down
snkdoctor2
Soldier
snkdoctor2

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug - 12:22

Looks great, very inviting. Is there any way to tell who has visited your page lately if no message was left ?
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeFri 1 Aug - 12:27

blogs are not fixed, same as ever, I believe I may have the answer for the discrepancy between my own population count using weblo's search engine and weblo's promoted population.

Now that they are posting their version on the home page I can now gage daily the differences. I suspect now that weblo reports all who have registered as members including those who have not activated their accounts. Whereas the count I use represents only those who have activated their accounts and show up in the search engine. The vast majority of whom do little else afterward.

If they're going to turn this into a social site to rival others on the net there are going to be needed many more upgrades. Let's hope they get on with it sooner rather than later...^0^
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug - 9:00

Agreed, the longer they wait to put the package together the harder it is going to be to succeed. People tend to lock onto a few sites and stay with them. That may change some with the new "connect your social networks" type sites get on the scene. However, it is much better to be positioned and have awareness when that happens, to make sure the site is included as a default in those programs, than to get in after the fact of release.

Those are key and important partnerships WEBLO needs to be developing. Those types of programs will be extremely popular, first in the car gets a ride, the rest run and try to catch up.

First mover advantage will be huge, if Weblo should be prioritizing any partnerships right now, thats what they should be looking into.

I'd love to hang around and give more free advice, but I currently have other priorities... learning php, then ajax and developing or promoting some of my own sites. Dot TV is cool, but appears to involve some actual work. later.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeMon 11 Aug - 9:55

Shaper,im on dot.tv also add me as a friend, mine are weblo.tv and scandalist.tv
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitimeTue 12 Aug - 10:58

Cool got two on channelme. Friend request sent.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: quick thoughts on the new layout ?   quick thoughts on the new layout ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

quick thoughts on the new layout ?
Page 1 of 1