The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Empty
PostSubject: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul - 23:49

Example here:

http://www.weblo.com/property/Other/Citrus_Bowl/468031/

Using this technique affects the specific page by changing the visual placement order. Thoughts? Interpretations of TOS? Commands are not stripped by the editor, as long as the actual element used is legitimate.

Using this method it is possible to overlay a full page, or any portion of the page. Theoretically an entire page could be made in this way, although presumbly you would want to leave the navigation area intact. Clickable banners also work.

Any thoughts? I-frames don't appear to work, at least is beyond my ability to setup. This does however open up some interesting capabilities which might be useful.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeTue 15 Jul - 23:58

if its an html code PLUEASE lets keep this contained,,,is rat racey enough deleting all these dang spam artists links and pics on my pages in the comment section...why weblo put a html dito there ill never knownow..imagine what theyd do if they got that....i dont want to think...
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul - 4:26

Ya, didn't think about the signature area. That could definitely be a problem.

They should probably disallow html in that area anyhow, or put the switch on the site holders page (not sure if thats possible.) Sigs definitely have potential to suck the link juice out of a site fast though, which is bad for weblo if they want sites to get a lot of traffic.

If I frames were enabled though, it would definitely be good for commercial entities, since they could just point right to their page.
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul - 18:02

Cool find Shaper.

If you set left:100% in the code you can push your content into the unused area to the right of the page, check it out.

This is pretty cool man, but Weblo won't like it. Keep it to yourself or it'll be abused and get "fixed".
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
can-green
Soldier
can-green

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeFri 18 Jul - 18:53

iframes worked last year for a while. That is how I got my interactive map on my profile page..but it no longer works. They had said for security reasons they got rid of i-frames.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/can-green/
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeMon 21 Jul - 20:18

Checked out your site webloid, but didn't see anything on the left. Figure you're right about it though, makes sense.

Wonder what the security issues with I-frames were?

I do wish they didn't remove the promote news to front page option.

No real thoughts on the matter at this point. I do notice that the upper right button on the editor is specifically for css. Is anyone using this, any ideas on its limitations or potentials?
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul - 9:26

dunno but i would appreciate a cease and desist to all spam comments and links on my pages....
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitimeTue 22 Jul - 12:59

Check the right side... It's just a little row of the same video repeated but it's sort of like having an extra video gallery. It's kind of neat, but in the end people will probably find it distracting and eventually Weblo will kill it, but as I said above, it's a great find. Keep digging around in those style tags - there may be other useful bits :C)

I'd love to have I-Frames at Weblo, especially if I could put links on my asset pages and have them load within the I-Frame, but I see potential for abuse with them too and am not too surprised that they are verbotten.

We just need more and better tools for our pages. Hey Weblo, how about an RSS aggregator?! Use the half of the Poll panel that isn't doing anything and let me specify a few RSS feeds are displayed to the user as bonafide text and images (not flash!). For that matter, you can scrap News and replace it with this :C)
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout   It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It is possible to place banners or video over the weblo layout
Page 1 of 1