The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

weblo meets wiki

Go down 
+2
nolemater
Admin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeTue 13 May - 18:10

We are excited to announce a new feature that allows Weblo members and guests to contribute content to all Weblo asset sites including sites they don't own. It can be described as a wiki style platform where Weblo users contribute information and content to each other.

For example: if you own Paris on Weblo someone else can upload their video of their visit to the Eiffel tower or upload some pictures or write comments about Paris. We believe this collaborative approach will make Weblo assets more interesting to visit and provide useful and entertaining wiki style information.

Unlike other collaborative sites, the owners of Weblo assets will make money from all the traffic that the collaborative content generates.

Of course this new feature leads to questions like: 'what if I don't like the content that is contributed to my site by others?' There is an easy answer for this one. The owner of an asset can approve or reject any new posting to their site.

To do this you log in and click 'My Weblo' (third from the left in the top menu). Then scroll down to the bottom right and use the “Manage Submitted Content” categories to accept or reject submissions from fellow Weblonians.

We suggest you log in on a regular basis to check your Submitted Content so you can stay on top of postings to your assets.

To submit content to other Weblonian's asset pages simply look below the title of any asset for the text: “New! Click on the + button to add content on this page.” Click that button and follow the steps.

We encourage you to submit content regularly to other members sites. The more content the better. Wikipedia has proven that when people work together collaboratively on the Internet the best content rises to the top.

So please check your Submitted Content categories under 'MyWeblo' on a regular basis so that you can approve submissions by fellow Weblonians and make sure you surf around Weblo and submit to sites that you have an interest in.

Thanks!

I don tknow about this yet , but i really dont see any negative yet
arrff
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-05

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 0:19

I need to look at it but I can see some serious negative if what I think can be done gets done
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 6:40

someone submitted me 4 pics this moring,,a dam nice way to add images...i can now drink a cup of coffee,,but i am thinkin what ur thinkin to nole,,,for the enws section,,hopefully that wont be the case..
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-04

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 10:51

If I'm reading this correctly this option is for Weblonians only. I don't see how it's going to increase overall weblo/wiki content if it's not open to the general public. They should allow anyone to submit content for review and prominently advertise the fact for visitors.

Still it's been a long time coming. Too bad they didn't have this feature from the get go...^0^
Back to top Go down
nrmillions
Land Owner

Number of posts : 204

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 10:55

Megloman wrote:
If I'm reading this correctly this option is for Weblonians only. I don't see how it's going to increase overall weblo/wiki content if it's not open to the general public. They should allow anyone to submit content for review and prominently advertise the fact for visitors.

Still it's been a long time coming. Too bad they didn't have this feature from the get go...^0^

Anyone in the public can just sign up for free on weblo to become a weblonian and start submitting content though so thats good. Wikipedia is the same way, you have to register with them to submit content.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/nrmillions/
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 11:31

the possibvilites now are there for cities with this,,imagine real estate agents submitting their lATEST HOMES FOR SALE TO YOUR CITY SITE..ETC...AND ALSO PAYIN U A SMALL FEE FOR ACCEPTING AND ADDING IT!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 12:19

Anybody can submit, I tryed it logged out and it came across to my asset as guest submitted
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 13:47

small detail-i dont like our edit pages . I like to see it all on one page not multiply
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 14:29

i got an idea dmin...gift ur assets to me and just quit!!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeWed 14 May - 15:14

Can't quit till I win. Speaking of winning my friends sister in law is now the mayor of Perth
Amboy NJ ( yes i own it ). Home of vida guerra and my favorite drinking spot. We are having Mr Johny Walker Blue and the Captain at a private party tonight . Maybe Ill talk to her about the chamber of commerce cheers
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeThu 29 May - 10:34

Using the Wiki Edit feature:

Thinking this might be a useful tool. Especially for company domains/properties. Each company has a communications email address.

Idea is to strip the page of anything that would involve potential copyright issues, put a link to the companies main page. Set the wiki up for editing by an outside party. Invite them to ad anything they want, content, advertising, whatever. Get a few hundred companies involved and it could change things around here quite a bit.

(posted this idea somewhere else on the forum, but this is a better spot for it)

This a good idea, or do you see problems with it?
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitimeThu 29 May - 11:06

excellent idea,,something similiar crossed my mind too...if submitting the site to the company itslef you surely dont want all kind os stuff jazzed on the page...give em a blank page,,let them load content,,and u collect the hits...they get free advertisement...is the way it should been since day 1...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weblo meets wiki Empty
PostSubject: Re: weblo meets wiki   weblo meets wiki Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weblo meets wiki
Page 1 of 1