The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Empty
PostSubject: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 5:09

Weblos current alexa rating at 12028

This has moved up over 1000 points in the past week. Sounds like they are actually doing something. My next bet is multilingual promotions. Incidentally PR5 is not too bad, same as the mozilla browser default entry page.

Hopefully some more positive events coming our way.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 11:08

am sure we can pat oorselves on the back for that move,,
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeWed 11 Jun - 20:29

Yep. We are that damned good!
Back to top Go down
Cat
Legionnaire
Cat

Number of posts : 122
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 17:42

Auctions suk! No bidders at all!

Who are you kidding?
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/celebrity/Model/Catrinel_Menghia/457686/
snkdoctor2
Soldier
snkdoctor2

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 19:55

Wouldn't say that, did some bidding the other night, won too many. Damn near went broke. and then some dude outbid me on 3 attempts. So someone is out there.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 19:59

well cat when was the last time u bought something???(jeopardy theme)...ok then
Back to top Go down
Cat
Legionnaire
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 20:09

Yes, there is a dozen or so regulars that are on this Forum that trade with each other.

I'm not buying because there is nobody to sell to (buy low, sell high).
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 20:39

try this philosophy
"buy high ,sell low and make it up in volume".............
Back to top Go down
Cat
Legionnaire
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeThu 12 Jun - 20:41

There is no volume!
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 7:07

The auction system is pretty weak anyhow. Occaisionaly sell an asset through direct purchase.

For one thing it is too damn hard to sort through. Way too many pages and no price filters. Things get bid on and stay buried thirty pages deep instead of moving to the front. Since its unusable, there is no point in using it. You would think that since the company was built from profits made running an auction site among other things they would have a clue. Hidden reserves are just plain stupid.

Suggest these changes
1. Seperate states, cities, airports and properties (this will also prevent "false labeling")
2. Ability to filter out assets by reserve price/starting bid. This could be done by taking two input boxes, one for minimum (default zero) and one for maximum. Type in some numbers. This would weed down the list to prices that you are willing to pay. If you want a high end property, search high. If you are looking to spend between $3 and $7 you should be able to filter out the 400 or so sites that are asking $1000.
3. Eliminate hidden reserves. Its just a bs way to force someone to hit your site.
4. Weblo knows who you are, so they can pay you. Do not allow the same player to bid on their assets through seperate accounts. This is important if bid assets get promoted to the top of the list, by the current bid amount.
5. To limit abuse(of #4), players who do not have paid membership do not get the privelage of assets being bumped and do not trigger a bump when they bid on an asset. These bids still should be shown ahead of non-bid assets to prevent stealth bidding by shill accounts.
6. The highest verifiably legitimate bid should be placed at the top of the screen. This will encourage people to participate in the process and will generate more interest in newer players.
7. You should have the option to display the auction in a simplified format, which loads faster and can show a longer list.
8. Bids should be able to open starting at .01, assets should be able to be priced at any value not just even dollar amounts. This coupled with bid asset promotion should generate "bidding wars" and trigger interest in the auction.
9. Any auction with less than two unique bidders should be able to be cancelled. This removes clutter, and is a reasonable trade-off for removing "reserves". (maybe, but I think it would work)
10. Allowing the player to set the starting bid, but removing reserves will make the process more competitive. Adding price filters will force people to make reasonable auction demands and make the process more competitive.

Data shown on the auction board should be relevant. Suggested information.
1. Name of the asset.*
2. Development rating** (see below for explanation)
3. Total Hits (this is much more useful than the site rating to a buyer)
4. Total hits in the past 30 days (so you can see if the asset is "hot")
5. Starting Bid
6. Reserve Level (suggest removing this entirely) You put it up for auction, you take the risk.
7. Time remaining
8. Highest Bid
9. (if there is room) Number of bids
10. If expiration dates on domains are enforced, these should be visible. There are some strong arguments against this policy which I have discussed in other places.

* Asset name
There should be a challenge system for assets, especially properties. While weblo cannot remove properties from the game, they can certainly print it in RED letters if it has been challenged. In the event of a large building where multiple addresses could be legitimate, then the first to register wins, or the more accurate wins, depending on policy.

To further this idea, weblo could generate money for "certifying" an asset. Certified assets would have Green high visibility letters. Assets which were neither challenged or certified would remain black. This would go a long ways towards dealing with duplicate asset claims. Celebrity certification would involve being the first player to accurately enter the celebrity name with accurate birthdate information and a legitimate occupation class. (If multiple classes applied such as a singer/actor then the first legitimately registered celeb would be certified.)

This idea needs more thought, but I think it is heading in the right direction.

** Development Rating
1. Assets have a limited number of boxes, most with an established character count. Each box should be worth a number of points. The number of points actually granted would depend on the percentage to which it is filled. Images and videos provide a better experience for the visitor, but are not as search engine friendly, so the balance is probably reasonable. The overall score should be slightly modified by the site score, based on ratings given in the last 15 or 30 days, (as a counter-balance to spamming).
This is much more informative than the current site scoring system, which can easily be elevated by repeatedly hitting update

2. A flat rate bonus should be given for each video or picture in the gallery (up to a maximum of 10?). The gallery should have weight equivelant to the other sections.

3. The comments section should count about the same as any other section. It should have weight, but not necessarily be the prime driver.

4. A system like this would tend to get developed pages into the viewing cycle as well, and since search visibility is affected by the site ratings that weblo assigns, well done sites are more likely to be seen by prospective new players.

5. Weblo should periodically check video links. Dead video links should not count towards scoring totals. This will tend to downgrade less content active sites.
--------------------

Note on development ratings. Auctions would still have hit counts listed, so good sites will be easy to spot. The previous months hits will be useful in determining if the site might be on the rise. A filter should also be available for hits.
--------------------
I think the auction system is in bad shape, as it stands. It is too easily spammed, is too cumbersome to work with and fails to identify good assets readily.

ADDITIONAL SUGGESTIONS REGARDING AUCTIONS

I propose a new mechanism (this would probably require work in the players asset management screens as well) for doing bulk auctions. A player that desired to auction numerous assets as a lot could go to a (new) listing screen. Checkboxes and a better organized asset list system would work best, but even the ability to type in the site name or paste the URL on a line would work as well. This would be dealt with in a seperate category (Bulk auctions)

1. The number of assets auctioned would be added to the screen, possibly replacing "site rating" on that screen. All data would be expressed as totals (hits, hits in the last month, etc.)

2. Essentially when clicking on the auction link from the bulk auction screen, the buyer would be sent to a screen which would list the properties/domains/cities whatever on a list with links to each asset. Hit data, and site rating data, would be present on this screen so that the key information could be taken in at a glance, or the links could be followed and studied in detail.

3. You could only list assets of the same category (basic property, domain, city, state, celeb) on the screen. This would eliminate confusion on the part of the buyer and make analysis easier. If you wanted to bulk auction different asset classes then you would have to list them as seperate auctions.

4. You would have to list at least 5 assets to do a package auction.

5. Bulk auctions would be useful for players attempting to substantially increase or decrease their portfolios. (note: a mechanism for bulk registration of assets should be available as well).

6. Since weblo limits the number of transactions per day by membership level, a special mechanism should be in place for bulk auctions. The entire transaction should count as one transaction, but to keep incentives for membership rates, transaction fees should be higher for lower membership levels.

7. Bulk auctions should generally proceed under the guidelines suggested for regular auctions.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 8:39

ok whose with me in a coup d' tat to put shaper in as head of weblo,at least marketing,programming something....!!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 9:52

I hereby step down as admin of this senate HAIL Caesar Shaper. Shaper when your done with your site
Ill sticky a link up top . The tide is changing more people are joining . IF any of the above is acted upon
its a win/win for us. Scary part it all should have been in place before they rolled it out !
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 9:59

oh u dont care admin,,u just care about ur adorable adriana..........lololololo
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 10:33

Admin wrote:
I hereby step down as admin of this senate HAIL Caesar Shaper. Shaper when your done with your site
Ill sticky a link up top . The tide is changing more people are joining . IF any of the above is acted upon
its a win/win for us. Scary part it all should have been in place before they rolled it out !

A generous offer to be sure, Great Senator! I think, however, that I have enough responsibilities at the moment. Looks like I have to write weblo a blueprint, for one thing. That means consolidating one hell of a lot of notes. Saw a similar comment by you elsewhere, perhaps you tire of the burdens of leadership?

Hopefully will get a chance to talk with you at some point though.
Back to top Go down
Cat
Legionnaire
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 10:51

Great report, Shaper!
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 11:00

arrf just wants to walk the alley ways of hackensack with that folded up picture of adriana in his levis backpocket...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 11:22

charleston wrote:
arrf just wants to walk the alley ways of hackensack with that folded up picture of adriana in his levis backpocket...

ya know that doesn't sound like a bad plan as long as I can have a bottle of thunderbird too
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 11:27

i drank wild irish rose...ONCE...boy what a night...im glad weblo has allowed me to afford a slighlt better brand...
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 12:03

Watch out for the cisco, thats for sure. Mad dog 20/20 is pretty tough to stomach as well...

Printed out my notes, from various scribblings, looks to be about 60 pages counting the e-mail I had originally written. Looks like it will be a bit of a project to make it coherent and weed out bad ideas, redundancies and so forth. Fortunately for me, I have a surplus of time available. Hopefully a little bit of motivation to go along with it.

Will try to weed this down to a manageable 15-20 pages. That out to keep them busy for a while, if I can convince them that they need to get it done.

Way its rolling, I figure Rocky has drunk himself into a haze with that VC capital he got a few months back. moved on to new projects. Probably getting kicked out of one dive bar after another by now, staring glassy eyed at a collection of empty mad dog 20/20 bottles or weaving through the streats of Montreal with a far away look in his eyes....

Either that or he's cut anchor and moved on to new projects, doesn't seem to be too involved in Weblo. Damn, with 3.2 million to blow, you think he would have at least hired some hot spokes-model to handle the weblo pitch for the media. Who really knows? All I know is I want this game to be the game it should have been from the get go, or at least soon after. With any luck he's in his lab cooking up some mind blowing modules, for commercial applications, but I'm not really holding my breath on that.

At anyways, will try and put this thing together. Hopefully, I can get him fired up again, so we can all get in the groove of making the big cash.

Hail
Back to top Go down
Cat
Legionnaire
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 12:25

shaper wrote:

I figure Rocky has drunk himself into a haze with that VC capital he got a few months back. moved on to new projects.

Yes Rocky, are you listening? Your reputation is on the line... or are you a phony?
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 12:30

cat it doesnt matter,,u dont have anything eft on weblo anyway...lolololl..XFML upped to a buy today...chinese finance,bounced off 2.60..run this afternoon...IMO
Back to top Go down
Cat
Legionnaire
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 12:33

Yes, but you do, CPE!
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 12:35

Ha, thats kinda harsh. Course, I suppose the initial post was too.

Good point though, we'll see what happens when I throw the list on his desk. Probably present the whole thing in a similar style to the auction suggestion. Speaking of which, any thoughts on or suggested modifications to that particular suggestion? Now is the time to say something if you think it can be improved on, or parts of it are a bad idea for whatever reason.

For that matter, any suggestions you might have that you feel strongly about...
Back to top Go down
Cat
Legionnaire
Cat

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 12:38

Keep working Shaper... Rocky should hire you!
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitimeFri 13 Jun - 12:41

am not sure why all auctions have to end at midnite..maybe easier for their server,,but might spice things up a bit to have them ending at various times throughout the day,,,and would be easier on east coast eyes...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising   Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Weblos Alexa Page Rank Still Rising
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next