The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Empty
PostSubject: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb - 2:12

Hi Weblonians,

This is a very positive day for the Weblo community. We have launched a series of new features (listed below) that will enhance Weblo and give you more control of the content on your Weblo assets:

Our new Weblo home page includes a Virtual World Map showing all registered real estate. This map is localized according to public IP addresses. So, if you are visiting the site from a public IP and you're from New York, you should see a New York map. Zoom in, zoom out, navigate the Weblo Virtual World in a totally different way!

Delete Comments From Your Pages

Members can now delete comments from their asset pages. If someone writes something inappropriate on your asset page just remove the comment when you log in.

Delete News From Your Pages

You can now delete news so only the items you want are posted.

Edit Pictures

You can now edit images without having to delete them and upload the original file again. Just click edit and make the changes.

Mature Content Blocker Phase II

The Mature Content Blocker Phase II is up and running. If the community deems your content inappropriate it will no longer appear on featured or top ranked lists. It will also not appear on the home page or on the Domain, Real Estate or Celebrities tabs. Please keep your content clean!

Enjoy the new look and let us know what you think. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
csmith23
Peasant
csmith23

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeFri 1 Feb - 23:46

I personally dont like the new homepage.

I think it looks fine, but I told a couple people at school, they said they would join. The next day they said they didnt join because they thought it was a "mapping" site or something. I didnt do a good job of explaining, but this tells us the new page isnt attractive to new people.
Back to top Go down
dns340
Soldier
dns340

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: new page   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeSat 2 Feb - 21:12

i eill agree with you it's not attractive, there s no pictures to view when you go to a site you allways have to scroll down for content. but i stand behind weblo 100 % they'll work it out.some of my states arn't showing up yet and some of my states in iraque are showing up in indiana, oh well. Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.cashrental.com
arrff
Legionnaire
arrff

Number of posts : 111
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb - 3:10

Very ugly I liked it better when we had OUR links on the home page now Its just an eye sore.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590

PostSubject: Re: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeSun 3 Feb - 11:20

well to be honest,exactly how many weblo new members come through the homepahe anyway,,a few select active Weblonians bring in the outside traffic and i am sure when they get here they clcik the sign up at the top..so homepage to me is irrelavant lol! jocolor Sleep
Back to top Go down
arrff
Legionnaire
arrff

PostSubject: Re: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeMon 4 Feb - 12:32

I guess I like my gifts wrapped. The home page does not view well. Its kinda google maps on steroids. I think they had a great lead with monopoly everyone knows the game and the concept. A front page based on monopoly would work imo.If I had to depend on google maps I would be lost. Than again its a minor thing and I am sure they will change it in time.
Back to top Go down
csmith23
Peasant
csmith23

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeWed 6 Feb - 21:50

Yes, its no big deal!

Okay maybe a little one Smile

I dont like the map, at all. if you dont zoom in, you cant even see the map! Its just alot of little blip things everywhere.

ugly if you ask me
Back to top Go down
arrff
Legionnaire
arrff

PostSubject: Re: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitimeFri 8 Feb - 12:27

has the map slowed anyone else down ? the sites where the map is installed kills me
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping   New Homepage with IP Based Localized Mapping Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1