The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Heres your chance -from homepage today

Go down 
+3
teigncraft02
Admin
charleston
7 posters
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Heres your chance -from homepage today Empty
PostSubject: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr - 16:42

Your Ideas!
Move By: Weblo.com Member Support 24-Apr-2008

Hi Weblonians,

We are always looking ahead several months down the road planning the next new features for Weblo.com.

We would love to hear from you.

If you have ideas for enhancements to Weblo please email us at member.support@weblo.com and put 'Weblo Ideas' in the subject line.

...l;ets put together a nice letter we all can contribute to and even sign and maybe this ship gets turned around...
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr - 17:56

ok cpe do we really want to do this ? if so lets get going . I have no idea where it will head or if we will just be spinning on wheels . If they are asking for help I smell trouble lol.

I think the chat box will be used to toss everything out and then maybe a daily recap posted . Lets take our time and do it right . No personal agendas - I know we all need cities to work and images fixed , but lets not place the cart in front of the horse we need to fix weblo from the ground up Sad .

I special plee goes out to all the lurkers . who dont post and just read . Dont sit back on this one . Everyone should be posting YOU may have the ONE idea ! This is why we have a forum !

Please post your name day of the week and time most likely to be able to chat .
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeThu 24 Apr - 22:35

Arrf i dont think we have a choice in this one,,they are asking and Rocky has always said he wants it to be an open communtiy,one whose ideas from members are implemented,i know in the not so distant past(a few light years) they would lsiten and aslo implement..i agree, this needs to be a high level ideas not programmin f'ups like the image gallery etc,,those are minor,,this needs to be where is this ship going on terms of the world,other social sites,what sets weblo apart,what makes weblo attactive,maybe a how to guide for newbies signing up,ideas of gaining new members,corporations ,real estate,politicians, rappers,actreess, models,,notings should be off liits here..lets throw it all out on the table,chew it and see what tastes good,agreed somewhere down the line cities will have to be involved,,,cities are where weblo makes their best commsion,sales wise and also where members make their best $,if the cities get rolling,,properties in the cities should,,at first i thought of the trouble aspect, but then again,what more could a meber ask for,at least they aren't sayig"hey we know what to do shut up and take it,,they are opening the door,,,now lets kick the f'er in
Back to top Go down
teigncraft02
Citizen

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2008-03-05

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 5:06

Ok, to chuck my idea into the pot.

Allowing members to use their "sign up a new member with $1 commision" adverts on their asset pages might help to turn google hits into new members?
Im not sure what others do, but Im not willing to spam all my friends from my personal email with adverts for Weblo......

All the best
Teigncraft
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 11:17

All right what can you do on Weblo, and how can it be improved.

You can Buy/sell/ auction pretty staright forward and it works. You can also make offers on assets, but you have no way of knowing if the owner will see it. So having a tag on the your offers section of My weblo that confirms the ower has viewed it would be nice, you could also add anaverage response time to offers/counter offers or even views, if all this is to much just put a last logged in button on everyones profile page, so you could tell if they are even checking Weblo anymore.

You can edit your pages, but news and photo hits don't count as asset page hits. Weblo counting them would be the best for us, but if they choose not to a better(bigger easier to find) link back to are asset main page so we can collect are it would be nice. A popup that automatically opens are asset page in another window would be great.

You can visit, rate, take polls on other members profiles, asset pages and photo galleries in hopes of the owner returning the favor but a lot don't. So some kind of activities rewards programs would help, this will be covered in a different post.

You can search assets on sale, but the system is flawed, a refined search option would be nice, price, type etc that actually works.

More to come
Back to top Go down
Mixamina

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 17:43

OK, I have an idea. I am new to Weblo, and this won't benefit me much short-term but maybe improve Weblo and generate more hits on your sites, especially properties.

A virtual tour by a major musical group:
Get a group with a large online presence, like the Jonas Brothers, to do a virtual tour. They visit all of the Weblo states, perform (via pre-recorded video) "concerts" in Weblo cities at Weblo coloseums parks and theaters, stay at Weblo hotels, etc. They already post constant videos on Youtube - this would be a better venue. Companies might sponsor ads on Weblo sites involved, and even make offers to redirect to their sites.
What do you think?
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 17:57

Love it come down to chat
Back to top Go down
Mixamina

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-04-25

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 18:12

How do I do that?
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 18:36

Hit home and then page down to the bottom if you are logged in you will find the chat box
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 18:36

Home tab right next to the Weblo tab on the top tool bar
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeFri 25 Apr - 18:39

then its all the way on the bottom !
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeSat 26 Apr - 19:49

alright lets start a word documen and start listing ideas....
Back to top Go down
Juduka

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 7:18

might work very well on the home page

I'll be joining the chat this week for a few times, but now I have to get to work
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/juduka/
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 17:53

This is what i got so far,arrf i added some of the ideas we kicked around the other night,but not all
1. Consider selling Bonds or share interest in Large cities. As most all the worlds better cities are bought now. People may still be interested in purchasing a redeemable bond based on the city asset etc..

2.Partner or ally with another major social network to receive increased visibility.

3. Partner with a domain reselling website for increased visibility.

4. Negotiate with either a major Hotel chain, travel agency or Real Estate business and have them begin to use Weblo as a medium for their business in exchange for free publicity.
Examples:
Hotels-Marriot Hotels gets to buy al their hotel address properties on weblo at ½ price in exchange they will advertise weblo in some of their promotions,ads etc

Real Estate- Real life real estate company like Keller Williams begins to use weblo and register all their houses for sale nationwide. Keller gets a cheap website to promote their houses for sale, Weblo gets notoriety for being used by a real estate company

Travel Agencies- Have real world travel agencies register travel websites/resort properties and use weblo to promote their packages

Celebs- Have a major celebrity website like People.com, just Jared.com,gossip girls.com register and run a site here at weblo,,the professionalism and notoriety will increase interest.

5. Broker system-look into a Weblo broker license for members with experience, that could handle trades,sells,buys,offer advice etc all for a small commission.

6. Fix the image gallery and credit members with hits received via outside to their images

7.Fix the news section and credit weblo members for getting hits to their news items from outside

8.Enable some form of real time java/rss updates on page

9. Load some type of chat/IM system

10.Increase space/memory per page
Back to top Go down
can-green
Soldier
can-green

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeSun 27 Apr - 18:50

not only for cities but.... it would be nice to have a risk free way of combing forces with another or multiple members to purchase shared assets....
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/can-green/
Admin
Governor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeMon 28 Apr - 9:54

Great Job CPE . Lets keep adding or taking away from this . A lot of good ideas . Ill add some things later. Sad to think only a half a dozen people care.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeThu 8 May - 11:18

well those ideas are free to be copied and submitted by anyone,,as an individual,or group..i nominate you or Nole to submit them..since pat isnt here anymore...at this stage i am not sure if i want a part in it..
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitimeThu 8 May - 15:49

Well guess its time I stood up. Ill work on it till Sunday night. Im working nights this weekend so ill be on chat after 10 for any final thoughts. Feel free to leave your ideas here. This will be my last email to weblo unless things change. If anyone wants a copy let me know . I dont know if I want to post it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heres your chance -from homepage today   Heres your chance -from homepage today Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Heres your chance -from homepage today
Page 1 of 1