The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

finally some news outside on the 'net

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

finally some news outside on the 'net Empty
PostSubject: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeTue 27 May - 13:44

Back to top Go down
snkdoctor2
Soldier
snkdoctor2

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeTue 27 May - 21:25

Interesting reading, hope this gets out to the right people. Any thoughts on how to get this out to a wider group of people ? Good heads up, bye the way!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeTue 27 May - 21:57

they had a real hard time explaining what weblo is (part of the problem). I always said weblo needs to make this more fun and build a community ,...... but it is real good exposure. Over all they made weblo sound pretty good
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 7:06

wasnt bad overall,a new video by rocky and team may help and an angle to using weblo to advertise real life property etc..ie virtual goods meshes with real world...has to somewhere down the line IMO. we al didnt buy these big cities to be the virtual mayor,we bought them for the potential for real life interests/applications. but do agree, there needs to be a bit more "fun" added around the site..rating is fine and answerin an email is fine but building 9 webpages a day has become burdensome,and i enjoy it...lol..imagine if someone didnt ..they have the potential game part but its not being used..the bilioniare list, top mayor list,most active list...enhance that model and give some type of token reward..mmember that signs on the most in a month or member that rates the most pages,,or member that etc etc..i strived to reach the top of the mayors list,,so it can be a driving competition...add one for domains...top domainer earning wise,top domainer asset wise,etc..
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 11:33

I just can't see how to integrate a gaming aspect to weblo the way things stand right now. As stated in the video it's all depending on the team that's building weblo. Not us but the leaders at TeamWeblo. All I hear them saying is keep adding content.

Any ideas other than vying for who's got the most cities, hits, celebs? Bragging rights are fine but I hardly find it a game that's inviting to new comers...^0^
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 16:22

well register tictactoe.com and post a widget.....jeez ....if success in winning(real money,assets) isn't enough to keep someones attention then let them go buy virtual fur slippers in second life then...most entreprenuers respond to competition and it propels them to strive higher and better...i would hate to see weblo degenerate into a place filed with scrabble,tictactoe and hit the cow with the football....that scenario is nightmarish..monopoly is a real game,,weblo was/is monopoly on steriods...the objct is upgrading you assets and accumalting more assets,which pays you more money.PERIOD...that is the game..if those that stood still and didnt upgrade,move higher in the food chain the wah wah,no tears here..you will be paid according to you work/assets and will always exist lower in the totem pole until you become more involved,eager..you make friends,you lose friends,you make treaties,you break treaties,you learn personlaity want ad use them against that person,,it may seem cut throat but thats capitalism...this is weblo..
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 18:44

wel maybe some games would work,,create a different region,based on domains..create the games and have weblo members buy and sell them too,,only one owner of tictactoe at weblo,,he gets all the hit traffic...etc..weblo keeps players records etc...same fr scrabble...tyra banks presents....scrabble at weblo.com...
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeWed 28 May - 18:45

wel maybe some games would work,,create a different region,based on domains..create the games and have weblo members buy and sell them too,,only one owner of tictactoe at weblo,,he gets all the hit traffic...etc..weblo keeps players records etc...same fr scrabble...tyra banks presents....scrabble at weblo.com...
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeThu 29 May - 10:08

Sort of hazy thought at the moment, but company pages probably have contact info.

Think about setting up a site for company X. Basically blank page, or limited profile info. Email link to their contact point. Basically fire them an email invite to come edit their site on weblo, add advertising content whatever they want to do. Just make sure you don't have anything which would present a copyright problem when they check it out, just hand them a blank canvas.

If we can get a few hundred of them involved, it might change the ballgame quite a bit.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitimeThu 29 May - 10:22

Ok here's a game. To the first three Weblonians who surpass my Victoria city community in ranking with a city community of their own I will award a city (of my choice) to the first, a celeb (of my choice) to the second and a property (of my choice) to the third.

But you must have at least one city to play and it must be the city's community page that surpasses and here's the link >Victoria city community

This game has no time limit. Once three players have surpassed my community the game ends. You must be a member of my community to play and you must post the fact you have entered the game.

Best of luck to all participants...^0^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: finally some news outside on the 'net   finally some news outside on the 'net Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

finally some news outside on the 'net
Page 1 of 1