The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties

Go down 
+4
shaper
snkdoctor2
charleston
Webloid
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Empty
PostSubject: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 12 Aug - 18:01

I've got 2 significant issues with Weblo and, as yet, no response from Weblo...

1) I can't send mail to more than one person at a time, and seem to have a daily quota of just one message.

2) I can't edit the general section of my property assets - and thus can't change prices on any of 350 or so assets.

I've heard a couple have issues too, but there doesn't seem to be anything out in the community on it so here it is.

Are you having the same problems? Have you contacted/heard from Weblo about them. Other issues?
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 12 Aug - 18:44

yes webloid theres beena change tot he mail, i assume to reduce spam clicks,,,as i stated someone with 1000 friends sends out a mailing with an asset it could be 1000 instant cllicks,,thus a quick $1 weblo has to pay out,,now i have 25 pass go sites,,,times a mailin each day etc etc...you get the drift...
Back to top Go down
snkdoctor2
Soldier
snkdoctor2

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 12 Aug - 20:28

I made mention of problem on 8/7 , in the help section. Hardly anyone paid much attention. Not good for me, this new thing dosen't help when trying to get a new site going. Hate It !
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug - 6:00

Think about it, they want the hits from outside weblo...

Still 1/day is a ridiculous cap. Should be at least 10 people, minimum. Have custom mailing lists that you can save.

Been able to send more than one a day, but it kinda defeats the purpouse of the mail system, now just get flooded with community invites, which is cool, but I like to know what other players are doing every once in a while without having to sift through their site lists and guessing whats been worked on
Back to top Go down
nrmillions
Land Owner

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug - 10:19

Stopping mass messaging is probably to help against spam. I havent noticed any max per day you can send though. I have been sending at least 10-20 messages per day everyday. I also havent had any problems changing the prices on my assets which i have done many times this week.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/nrmillions/
Webloid
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug - 13:02

Seems I can edit the General section of my properties now. For several days it would only load a blank page. If I notice anything different I'll post here again, but for now it seems to be working again.

Emails are still restricted to sending to one person at a time...

If there are spam issues, I get that, but restricting emails sent to just one person? That's pretty ridiculous for a site that looks like it wants to be a social networking site like MySpace or Facebook when it grows up. That's like trying to download a 10GB file with smoke signals... Sure you can do it, but don't plan on getting anything else accomplished any time soon.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug - 13:47

webloid...the properties are that way because weblo is gettin ready to banish all properties..like they did airports.....

-just kidding...lol...i know u s a brick
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug - 14:42

Man, don't scare me like that, lol!
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 13 Aug - 22:47

Apparently sending messages to community members are subject to the same restrictions...

I tried to send a mass message to all community members of my Webloid celebrity asset and got a message saying I've exceeded my daily limit. I haven't sent a community message in months, so I can only assume that community messages use the same 'engine' that regular Weblo messages do.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeThu 14 Aug - 8:12

They could set a flag, limit to one bulk mail per day per member. That way if you have something to say, you could get it said, while controlling abuses.

They could also allow you to set up a hotlist of up to say, 10 people, that you could contact simultaneously. That would be enough to keep some "inside groups" happening.

Community invites should be in a seperate mailbox, they are useful but not something I want cluttering up my other mail since they are all the same. While they are at it, they should put a link to the actual site on there.

I agree though, that limiting outgoing messages to 1 player at a time, at all times is ridiculous. Especially for a "social networking site".

Oh ya, and I want a shoutbox for my profile page dammit!
Back to top Go down
yavanna
Soldier

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 5:30

Shaper,

You have made some excellent suggestions. I really hope you have present a few of these to weblo.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 7:51

Thanks, perhaps if I get bored some day...
Weblo is currently on the back burner, as far as I'm concerned. Organizing the information I have is about a two day project and am currently involved in some other things which I feel have a higher personal priority for me.

Until I see some indication that weblo is interested in keeping its players happy, I am operating under the assumption that they are more interested in being an advertising parking site than an online socially interactive game. Until I see some positive moves on their part, instead of coming up with ways to limit players ability to make money on the game, I am not particularly interested in providing them with further free strategic advice or suggestions. When I feel they are making positive moves, then I may become more interested in communicating with them.

Currently I am more interested in investing in actual domains and developing sites than spending my time and energy on helping them develop theirs.

While I am not going to do it, I am somewhat tempted to post Rockies Phone Number, so that you guys can all raise hell with them. As it is, I am just going to hang out in the background and watch and see what happens.

Ok, feeling a bit cynical and selfish today, but priorities first. I do see uses for weblo, in promoting my sites, but not at that stage yet.

Good luck out there.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 9:55

rockys still alive?...lololol.....timeline
weblo created sept 06
weblo hits major press announcements and publications,videos tv shows-nov 06-feb 07
weblo gets new round of VC money spring/summer 07
rocky hasnt been heard from since
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 15:17

Here's what I got back from Weblo today about the email restrictions:

Quote :
To: Webloid
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 10:25 AM
Subject: RE: Weblo Ingame Emails

Hi, yes you are right you can only send one message ata time up to a maximum
of 50 per day. We were hoping to allow bulk emailing but unfotunately some
members were using bots to spam thousands of members with messages. We
received many complaints and lost some members because of this.

We hope the 50 per day will be enough for members to negotiate deals.

Thanks, Weblo.com Member Support

----- Original Message -----
To: Weblo Support
Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 1:14 PM
Subject: Weblo Ingame Emails

>I still cannot send email to more than one member at a time. I've asked
>about this before but have received no response...
>
> This restriction is very limiting to the point that I can't discuss a
> trade or sale with another member because I can only send them one message

> before my quota is reached. How am I bargain with people, network, and
> such when I can't communicate beyond a single message?
>
> If there is some issue with spam and such I can understand. but Weblo
> needs to understand that I paid $169 to be a member of this community and
> barely being able to communicate is unacceptable at any price.
>
> Also, I noticed a message recently that seems to have been sent to
> multiple members. How can this be?
>
> A RESPONSE would go a long way to making me happier about the problem and
> a RESOLUTION would be much appreciated.
>
> Thanks and Happy Webloing :C)
>
> ~ Webloid

So... you can email up to 50 members per day, but you have to do it with 50 different messages.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 15:35

well elast someone is in the office Razz
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 22:26

I wish the damned community invites would go in another folder. I like them, but don't want them mixed up with my mail.

As far as spam, all they need to do is remove that party from their friends list, or put a block button on the members name, if you want to temporarily disable. Friends lists with 10 or so members each would be better. Kind of ridiculous capping at one per player.

Better yet, put together an improved mailing system and they wouldn't have these problems.

I think they are just trying to save bandwidth.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 22:33

Points of interest:

1. Players can remove players from their friends list (thus eliminating spam messages)
2. Mail system could be designed to be more functional
3. Spam comes in the form of community invites, although I like getting them, I think they should be in a seperate mail folder. Hard to sort out actual communications.
4. One per day is flat out ridiculous
5. They can as easily set the cap to 10 members or 50 members per mailing
6. Ability to group friends into "list groups" should be possible
7. Anyone else think they are just trying to save bandwidth?
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 23:04

bandwith and hit revenue,,1000 memmbers could trannslate into a quick $10 per emmber given the message contained 10 links to 10 pass gos,,either way,run the numbers times members at weblo im sure an accountant could see that in just mail spam say 50k mmebers times 1 message a cool $50k a day weblo may have to be payin out,,,for non unique clicks...im sure they finall said nope!
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 23:06

typical reply from weblo why punish the guilty . ...When they can just toss a blanket over it
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
yavanna
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 11:23

This is the type of info I can give to the Rackspace guys. But I haven't been here too long. I wish other than the basic problems i have, I could tell them what i specifically what is needed. Like what is here. I will share it, but wish I had more exact questions. I'm sure if nothing else they would contact them to help the fix the problems.

I mentioned a suggestion I got here about building up cities etc. I got some good suggestions there too, but I need to get this example done.

more soon....
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeWed 27 Aug - 11:28

Yavanna, i beleive the prior posts are referring to Weblos internal client mailing system and its downfalls. Heck even weblo support doesnt even use thier own mailing system but is done externally. I think members are looking for a friendlier program similair to microsoft exchange,myspace,facebook type email programs
Back to top Go down
dns340
Soldier
dns340

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 17:59

iItell all of you the way to communicate is with skype,talk directly to one another with a mike .thats better than one message a day ,get to know each other and make things work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cashrental.com
Webloid
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 22:11

Here's another wall we get to run into with the the Weblo email restrictions. When you send community invitations it counts towards the daily limit, meaning if you invite your friends to your new asset's community, provided you have 50 friends or more you're done for the day - can't send any messages...

I'm about 1 step from being done with Weblo and moving on to something else. Between this email bullshit and being ripped off for hits with this 'content preview page' I've had about enough. The direction Weblo is going in doesn't suit me.
Back to top Go down
yavanna
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeThu 28 Aug - 22:25

Sorry to read that Webloid

I was able to find out a Lot! I'll share with Admin and a few others first to make sure it's suitable info to share publicly.
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitimeFri 29 Aug - 9:14

Was going to post some suggestions, but thought about them and decided I shouldn't give weblo any ideas, lol.

Probably the thing to decide is what we want from the message system, and if there are any compromises we'd be willing to make in regard to the spam issue. What would constitute fair utility, and how important are internal hit counts to your strategies with mail?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties   What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's the Deal With Weblo Email and Editing Properties
Page 1 of 1