The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Interesting freelance site

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Interesting freelance site Empty
PostSubject: Interesting freelance site   Interesting freelance site Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep - 3:24

Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Interesting freelance site   Interesting freelance site Icon_minitimeFri 25 Sep - 9:40

not the only site out thier. Times are hard so people are being more creative. nice post
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting freelance site   Interesting freelance site Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep - 8:39

Ya. Hear that.

Finally cracked 20 today, just need to accelerate a bit. Quieted down until the server moves over there, giving me a chance to work. One nice thing about the car being down, not too tempted to go into work. 40 miles is a long walk.

Got a car for next week, but for now, just launching sites left and right. Managing to lauch one or two an hour over the last couple days, thats going to make an impact when they start getting the index thing going on. Maybe doing them too fast, kinda got lazy on the architecture keywords, but it will probably work alright. Sometime in a month or two will go thru and clean up all the sites that aren't doing what they should be.

I am becoming a huge .us fan, I can tell you that. As long as I don't just sit on them until renewals come around they are going to be gushing cash by next year. Even if they don't will be able to cut them loose at $2.99 to register. They hit the engines pretty well and payouts are top notch since its mostly US traffic going there.

Ya, anyhow, where was I ....
Its an interesting site. Scanned a few, but that one seems pretty well set up. Figure I'll register and take the SEO test and writing test, see where it goes.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Interesting freelance site   Interesting freelance site Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep - 13:34

the domain name game is going to see rough waters. I only see the values going down . It will be hard to sell a domain based on just name. If you have a well developed site with pure traffic you would be able to make money with it or sell it. Agree with the .us but dont overlook .99 cent .info or anyother onsale domain , pure profit with very little traffic . End of the year well just transfer the content to another .99 info. and cut it lose if you cant make enough to justify the renewal
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: Interesting freelance site   Interesting freelance site Icon_minitimeSat 26 Sep - 13:59

id soend .89 on just about anything...
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

PostSubject: Re: Interesting freelance site   Interesting freelance site Icon_minitimeSun 27 Sep - 3:14

Ya, .info is good. Name availability is lower due to cheap price. But the .89 is easy to make, agreed.

I think the .us will work out ok. Even when they flood the market, those will all be globals, at least in the first wave.

Regionals willl remain strong, I think they are a pretty solid bet, if you live in a country with decent traffic/payouts. US, Germany, UK, Australia. Canada gets lower traffic, but the ad payouts are still good.

The engines are going to have to sort, and they are testing bumping local priority with co.uk, put on par or above .com

If the expiriment is successful, then you will see the same thing in other areas. Only possible exception is .us, there may be a tendancy to think of .com as .us local, hard to know there. Still think .com is going to be treated as the prime global, but other extensions with longer regs +/or established time will get a boost. Google wants sites that will be around for a while, and its going to increasingly look at local search and get better at content analysis as time goes on.

Anyhow, haven't written .us off yet for the long term. Its definitely good over the short term. Might have to make some transfers to other registrars next year, will see what the renewal costs look like around the net. Course if they are good enough to cover, I don't see much reason in moving them. The ones that can't cover are a different story.

90% of my portfolio is com/us/info so I hear you on the price thing. May end up consolidating sites at some point as I drop them off, haven't decided yet. Still in the throw them against the wall and see what sticks phase of things.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interesting freelance site   Interesting freelance site Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interesting freelance site
Page 1 of 1