The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

rocky had brass ones

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

rocky had brass ones Empty
PostSubject: rocky had brass ones   rocky had brass ones Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun - 17:00

http://domainnamewire.com/wp-content/virtual-domain-name-patent.pdf

In a nutshell he wanted a Patent for Virtual Domain Names . It was filed two years ago but published last month . Good read on what should have been.
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: rocky had brass ones   rocky had brass ones Icon_minitimeWed 17 Jun - 17:27

hmmm
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: rocky had brass ones   rocky had brass ones Icon_minitimeThu 18 Jun - 9:31

You know I actually saw something about that before, forgot.

Basically he was trying to patent a whole class of subdomains, maybe even broad enough (didn't read specifics) to cover all subdomains. Hard to know how a court will rule in that kind of situation, especially if judge is an idiot.

Interesting stuff? How you been?

I just flipped three domains, at low (10x buy cost) margins. Feeling ok about it. Up to a rocking 4/day most days. Spend too much time managing my domains and chatting and not enough time developing, this week, but gotta have some fun.

I expect you're kicking our asses still.

You get moved yet? What the hell? Good to see you pop your head out and say hi to us few senators standing.

Took three weeks to get PR4 on seven or eight sites so far. Figure theres more coming. If nothing else have some fairly quality link points. Turns out sites don't need to be updated that often, at least to gain the PR score. Google shuffles them around a lot, yahoo eventually finds them and goes ballistic indexing all kinds of stuff, usually quite well.

Picked up some pretty decent .us domains. Haven't set them up yet, but I think they have a shot with some work, will buy some content for them and pay for bookmarking. See how that works out. Maybe try on something sketchier like a .tc domain or something. Haven't decided. Figure I will try and reinvest some of my hard fought online sale money.

Have to catch up with you at some point.

Take it easy.
Back to top Go down
Megloman
Legionnaire
Megloman

Number of posts : 145
Registration date : 2008-02-04

PostSubject: Re: rocky had brass ones   rocky had brass ones Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul - 13:58

In a nutshell...did he get that patent? I mean, having it published doesn't mean it was approved does it?

I see that the majority of visits generated from search engines have spiked dramatically recently. Maybe there's still hope for WebloWorld. Probably when the American dollar is worth the same as Monopoly money it'll really take off...^0^
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: rocky had brass ones   rocky had brass ones Icon_minitimeMon 13 Jul - 14:39

weblo is like muhamad ali in his later years, he could stand in the corner and rope a dope all day and get beat senseless, and sometimes even get the win,but the after effects and damage done werent really worth it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: rocky had brass ones   rocky had brass ones Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

rocky had brass ones
Page 1 of 1