The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Weblo Music?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 16:53

Anyone else noticed this yet? Looks like more auto-generated pages to compete with...

http://www.weblo.com/music/
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
Webloid
Governor

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 16:59

Lol, no actual music here, just lists of artists, albums, and songs, with associated news, images, videos, etc... Most of the associated content doesn't actually pertain to the subject, it's just related keyword stuff...
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 17:05

interesting...well they have Gary "u.S." bonds so all is not lost..never knew gary was big ove in paki stand
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: street   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 18:09

Yes it an attempt to compete with outside sites and it may work.... but to me its just more competition for our sites . Why go to beyonce the celeb when thier sites are auto generated deeper. How damn hard could it have been to get our States and cities linked as the birthplaces or redirect the domains or let us opt into the autogeneration with our sites in place of thiers ? Weblo if your reading this talk to your paying custormers and stop the one way
street.
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 20:49

Weblo is becoming like many POS stocks( and stock run companies pos stands for piece of shit)..many pos companies dillute the number of shares over and over and over agian until the price reaches penies,,then they wipe out the shares u hold by a reverse split ,if u have 100 they give u 1..and start the proces all over again...these add o n sites and auto generated ones are nothiong but DILLUTION,,,there should only be X amount of Beyonce sites on weblo,,and they should all be ones members bought and paid for,,anything else dilllutes out value and as aarrf said competes directly aginst us,,weblo is and always ahs been "the friggin enemy"..and evvery time we comeup with a way to succeed(beat them) they stomp it out in a heartbeat,,is fascism in the total sense...if i was a quitter id already quit,,,but im not,,ill find a way to beat their ass,by hook or crook,,right now seems best to withhold site building and let the alexa ranking tank in the gutter as its doing
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 23:02

Every Weblo Member gets to search all the music they want...yippee kay yea
WTF gimme a break,well after seeing this added,,i dunno,anyone expecting to make $ here well stick a fork in it..we are done imo,,,,cant compete against a machine,can only break them..i hate it but i dont see an angle...only possible angle i see if they were to sell the music as downloads or something and the city mayor gets a cut,,but i dont see that one.....
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 23:45

As many autogenerated pages as Weblo can spit out, they can't compete one on one against a human with time and knowledge to craft a good page. Their only hope it to overwhelm, they could never compete on page for page basis, they can't afford the man hours :C)
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeTue 9 Dec - 23:57

well nothing personal webloid and i do appreciate ur talents,,but well crafted pages dont pay to well here either judging by your earnings divided by your manhours/money spent
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec - 13:05

You're right, the ratio of earnings vs. effort is poor, but I am also looking at it from another perspective:

I used to pay $15 each per month to keep 2 to 3 accounts in an MMORPG called Star Wars Galaxies to entertain myself online. I was pretty successful in the game and eventually when I quit was able to sell my accounts to another player for $1,000, recovering all my subscription fees plus a little more for my pocket, but at Weblo I don't pay any subscription and thus far have made nearly $1000 in traffic revenue and easily twice that more in sales of my assets, and I continue to pull in $100 or more each month in profit, all based on a one time investment of $70 and still have a portfolio with some value for my efforts.

So on one hand I was paying for entertainment and on the other I am paid to be entertained. Some would probably dispute that Weblo is entertainment, but for me it is. I enjoy the research, 'cracking the code', and learn a variety of useless information in the process :C)
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec - 19:22

weblo is making the same mistake that swg made . Sony did not listen to the player base . Take it form someone who was a JEDI pre nge lol. Yeah im a geek too. I ( what sever did you play on ?)
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec - 19:26

yall both need to get an xbox 360 and get the newest call of duty...not only is it good but i need help,as ive been stuck in mission 5 in the siberian wilderness for 3 months
Back to top Go down
Webloid
Governor

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec - 22:35

Admin wrote:
weblo is making the same mistake that swg made . Sony did not listen to the player base . Take it form someone who was a JEDI pre nge lol. Yeah im a geek too. I ( what sever did you play on ?)
Yeah, Jedi really got screwed with the NGE, especially with all those respecs everyone got. One-click Jedis all over the place. I mainly played trader toons, but did manage to level up a BH all the way. I wasn't around for pre-CU but had been around for a while when NGE hit (started with the pack that gave you the BARC speeder). I sold my BARC for a few million and started a business that ended up making me billions of credits. My major achievement was transacting 1 billion credits in vendor sales in a single day (actually like 5 or 6 hours. If you played on Intrepid those days you probably knew who Chunky/K'tehn was :C)
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Weblo Music? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Weblo Music?   Weblo Music? Icon_minitimeWed 10 Dec - 22:41

chunky Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content