The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

weblo Update about pictures

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

weblo Update about pictures Empty
PostSubject: weblo Update about pictures   weblo Update about pictures Icon_minitimeTue 15 Apr - 21:34

Good Image Galleries Attract Traffic!
Move By: Weblo.com Member Support 15-Apr-2008

Hi weblonians,

If you haven't posted any pictures lately you may want to visit your assets and use the new improved image gallery system to increase traffic to your image galleries.

When you post pictures be sure to give each image a good name that relates to your asset.

For example: If your Weblo property is Yankee Stadium you should name each picture with the word Yankee Stadium included in the title. This name will appear in the URL for that image and search engines will find your assets more easily. So if you are posting a picture of Babe Ruth be sure to label that picture 'Babe Ruth at Yankee Stadium' or something similar to that.

Also make sure you add tags to your pictures. Simply fill in some keywords that you believe will help draw traffic to your asset site. For example: after you label your 'Babe Ruth at Yankee Stadium' image add tags like: yankee stadium, baseball, world series, babe ruth, etc.

Labeling and tagging your images properly should attract more outside traffic to your assets.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: weblo Update about pictures   weblo Update about pictures Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr - 3:36

lol dont forget some magic pixie dust
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: weblo Update about pictures   weblo Update about pictures Icon_minitimeWed 16 Apr - 13:33

ok did a little research its a waste. The pictures are getting picked up , but imo they will not bring you hits. The images by design will be burried on google trust me they can not and will not be anywhere near the front page.

Weblo is making a big mistake by flooding google . I could be wrong but Ill let them prove it to me this time.
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
chaduk

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-04-17

PostSubject: Re: weblo Update about pictures   weblo Update about pictures Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr - 13:19

yeah I can see your point here, because they will only show you the image url, not the webpage the image is on. but im sure when you go to view images on google, you get the image at the top and the webpage at the bottom. I could be wrong, have a search on google image for somthing and see if it shows the webpage under the image. if this is correct then it should still count as a hit for your weblo page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/chaduk/
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

PostSubject: Re: weblo Update about pictures   weblo Update about pictures Icon_minitimeThu 17 Apr - 18:21

Weblo needs to be a bit clearer,in my opinion an image seach should count as a hit also,,but inside weblo it doesnt,,u can view all those pics without even going to the asset page...now back to google,,i am inclined to agree with Arrf,,weblo doesnt want to end us as a picture hoster like shareapic or photobucket...before weblo asset pages had good content,images,the whole shebang,,,if flooding the images i can see google sayin,naw no thanks,,,and closin the door...we will see
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: weblo Update about pictures   weblo Update about pictures Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weblo Update about pictures
Page 1 of 1