The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Blog Strategies

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeSun 24 May - 0:48

Nice writeup of how someone made 25k in the first year with a blog, and another 17k in additional related revenues. Some insight on how to monetize, with a breakdown of revenue sources.

http://www.bloggernoob.com/bloggernoob-a-year-of-making-money-online/14/
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeSun 24 May - 7:25

hmm well not sure about the factual content of that,,,possible maybe, imo it takes a ton pe personal marketing across all the social platforms and then maybe,,
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeSun 24 May - 16:21

lol, guy swears its true...

He might though, that site looks pretty well monetized and has a lot of articles. Also a lot of those articles are specifically about monetizing blogs so the knowledge base/how to is probably there.

I do know that well established blogs can make a hell of a lot of money, but that one seems fairly low profile. The topic space is fairly competitive, so ad payouts are probably fairly good. Although it appears that adsense is not his favorite thing, so I'd imagine there are some higher revenue generators on there.

----------
Whatever, is not my plan, too many things I'm interested in to get totally wrapped up in a blog. Think I will try and set up a social networking site ... lol, at least upload one.
Later.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeSun 24 May - 19:25

lemme know ill join ur network...
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeMon 25 May - 1:13

lol. Just got the framework up now. Will see how configurable it is, and what exactly I can do with it.

Installation was a challenge, to put it mildly.

Not ready for members yet, have to figure out what the plan is first. Will customize as much as possible.
basic setup looks like this. I need to change the TOS etc, I plan on allowing blatent self promotion as much as possible. Looks like it will take a day or two to customize, just looking at the management screens.

Appears to have a lot of features, video upload all kinds of things. Lots of plugins, but most are for a cost, so that is long range if ever.

http://www.magnetism.tv
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeMon 25 May - 8:26

lookks sweet shaper,excellent job
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeMon 25 May - 10:02

Ya, pretty sure it has the potential to kick some ass. Doubt the server can handle too much traffic, but if it gets throttled and looks like its worth running with, the company that makes this software has their own hosting service, obviously with experts on staff.

Should have picked it up two weeks ago, they made a post then that anyone currently with a site got a free upgrade to the top version (usually $800). Loyalty bonus apparently.

Made notes of all my workarounds to get it installed and working, if its good and bluehost doesn't kill it then I will be able to set up a lot faster next time. Involved some file modifications in several places as well as a database modification to get it working properly, so its a major endeavor to set up.

The site shown is the free version. Couple of glitches, but still pretty kick ass I think.
I plan to start customizing it tommorrow.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitimeMon 25 May - 10:04

cool,,nice job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blog Strategies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blog Strategies   Blog Strategies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blog Strategies
Page 1 of 1