The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fortune Magazine Article

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Fortune Magazine Article Empty
PostSubject: Fortune Magazine Article   Fortune Magazine Article Icon_minitimeSun 10 Feb - 23:53

on the founders of Craiglist, craiglist took 13 years to get where they were,so this shows some ideas,engines are great but slow to evolve,catch on,now look at hot as a pancake.so lets all be positive and promote weblo using blogs,message boards,wherever sure they have their problems but to be live for barely a year theyve smoothed some out already,if any old timers remember what it was like last February/March. flower
Back to top Go down
arrff
Legionnaire
arrff

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Magazine Article   Fortune Magazine Article Icon_minitimeMon 11 Feb - 2:23

Memory ? No march is the holy month for me . Do parades =Play the bagpipes meet woman and drink for free . Maybe not in that order.

Non joking its true its up to us remember we also profit from positive vibes.
Really this is already as good as myspace at its roots we just need people and we can help weblo in that regard.
Back to top Go down
Sunny-Days

Sunny-Days

Number of posts : 5

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Magazine Article   Fortune Magazine Article Icon_minitimeTue 19 Feb - 17:03

I agree that patience and positive vibes are essential for success, however, craigslist began (and for the most part still is) as a not-for-profit grass roots campaign. They did not collect any dues from the users, run paid advertisements and, until fairly recently, did not charge for posting. In San Francisco, Los Angeles and, perhaps, New York, they charge a modest $25.00 to post a help wanted ad. It's still free to post anywhere else. Weblo, on the other hand, collects healthy yearly dues from many members, charges a hefty fee to register states and cities and collects who knows (I'm sure they do) how much in advertising dollars from Google and Yahoo alone. Plus, they received that 3.2 million dollars in venture capital that they spread all over the news, yet the latest publicity story on the home page is over a month ago. It doesn't appear that they're spending even one dime to promote Weblo, which, in the long run, would make them more money, let alone us. It seems they want us, the paying users, to bear the entire brunt of "spreading the word". I've been following the daily sign-ups in the Community Section for quite a while and it seems to have hit a plateau of 200-300 per day, not enough to create momentum. It seems like there's only a handful of us that actively participate at any rate.

Yes, I am still promoting Weblo and am in for the long-haul, despite my bitching, and believe in time there will be profits; it's just that I feel they've left us to our own devices. I hope I'm wrong. I hope that they start investing some (or more) of the capital they've raised to "help us" promote Weblo.

Okay, I've said my piece. The soap box is now vacant. Next!

Cheers,

Sunny-Days
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Sunny-Days/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fortune Magazine Article   Fortune Magazine Article Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fortune Magazine Article
Page 1 of 1