The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

lets take a step back a bit

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

lets take a step back a bit Empty
PostSubject: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug - 9:08

contract

A legally binding agreement involving two or more people or businesses (called parties) that sets forth what the parties will or will not do. Most contracts that can be carried out within one year can be either oral or written. Major exceptions include contracts involving the ownership of real estate and commercial contracts for goods worth $500 or more, which must be in writing to be enforceable. (See statute of frauds.) A contract is formed when competent parties -- usually adults of sound mind or business entities -- mutually agree to provide each other some benefit (called consideration), such as a promise to pay money in exchange for a promise to deliver specified goods or services or the actual delivery of those goods and services. A contract normally requires one party to make a reasonably detailed offer to do something -- including, typically, the price, time for performance and other essential terms and conditions -- and the other to accept without significant change. For example, if I offer to sell you ten roses for $5 to be delivered next Thursday and you say "It's a deal," we've made a valid contract. On the other hand, if one party fails to offer something of benefit to the other, there is no contract. For example, if Maria promises to fix Josh's car, there is no contract unless Josh promises something in return for Maria's services.

SOOO...we all sucked it up as no big deal when they rolled back the pass go from $10 per site to $1..hmmm ok,,so this is a paid per member vehicle as i paid $269 for a years subscription. While i am no legal wiz,i would say that at least constitutes a written contract binding for that year(effective oct 11 2007,ending oct. 11 2008)...so $10 per 1000 hits for all y pass go sites...Weblo id say you owe me at least 3500 if not more. Sure it says in the TOS they can change terms etc, however that would aply to new memebrs signing up for the first time, not for existing members bound by their existing contracts/subsciber terms. So i ahve an idea, buy you weblosucks.com on weblo, i ahve the price set at $4,000 and i'll agree to call it even.
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug - 11:43

If I would have know this is where you would take it, I would have never suggested regestering weblosucks.com. By the way a 10 percent commision charge on any sales of the asset is in the contract, just check the fine print.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug - 11:51

well nole i have been tryin to be a positive influence for tohers,,but the more weblo keeps scrrewin us an others the harder it gets..i deleted a few posts just becuase it was me lettin off steam....
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug - 13:16

oh never mind,,they arent going to buy it,heck noone is so i sent it to DNS as a gift
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug - 13:49

lol
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeMon 25 Aug - 13:53

this is bottom of the barrel...i found an auto generated avaiable celeb they made Charlotte,,now im sure the mayor of charlotte is a tad dsteamed

http://www.weblo.com/celebrity/available/Charlotte/225372/
Back to top Go down
shaper
Governor

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-05-27

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 8:13

I seriously doubt a contract clause with the ability of one party to change the terms of the financial compensation agreement unilaterally and at will is enforceable.

I think you are right that the terms would apply for the extent of the initial agreement. If you then entered a second contract under different terms, at the end of the initial agreements expiration period then that contract would reasonably govern that time frame.

The place where this gets interesting is in relevance to permanent assets. If you purchased a property/city/state under the terms of the initial agreement, and you do indeed have ownership for life then the implications may be different as long as it was registered during the operating period of the initial contract.

Not a legal expert or legally qualified to offer advice, but I think its a situation that a lawyer would find intriguing. I also suspect that their circuitous methods of depriving you of hits for content you created on your page, by routing that through a gateway page is highly suspect and probably fraudulent.

A search of "virtual property law" could probably get you some interesting information and the names of some people that are qualified to answer questions of this nature. Course that is a two edged sword for anyone that isn't creating their own content. Never know if one of them is interested in establishing a legal precedent, simply for the purpose of advancing their own career.

Regardless, I tend to agree with your conjectures on this matter.

Since the topic is stepping back a bit...
you can probably find the initial terms ensconced in internet stone, for any given date... if you are interested in what those terms were.
Code:
http://web.archive.org/web/*/http://weblo.com
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 9:52

thanks for you opinion advice Shaper, you insight is always valuable here and and everywhere... Weblo would have been a lot better had they not stabbed their own members in the back, my initial strategy when joining weblo SHOULD have netteed me in eanrings this monthover $2k, as is im sitting on 200 for the month,,sure 200 isnt bad but when someone is taking 1800 out of your pcoket and mouth of your children then its bad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: lets take a step back a bit   lets take a step back a bit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

lets take a step back a bit
Page 1 of 1