The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Think before you speak

Go down 
+5
Admin
Webloid
HAMPTONBEACH
dns340
charleston
9 posters
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Think before you speak Empty
PostSubject: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 8:53

Recently i was reported to Weblo support by a "Prominent" weblo member accused me of registering false identities at Weblo and then selling celebrity to gain monetary profit. They also accused me of some other things that will not be mentioned here.. First ,
i want to set the record straight,I have Never assumed a false membsership at Weblo .com........many Weblonians call these ALTS., i call them strictly cheating and chose to never make one. The hypocrisy of the alleged charges is that the same member has at least one fake ALT membership if not more.

Second,
Recently i aquired quite a few celebrities by sending offers to newly registered members. I have use this means since i started at Weblo. Many others here do it also. There are quite a few new members that are not interested in maintaing their memberhsip and just look to quit. I send many offers out every day to members i have no idea who they are,i just send offers. if they accept i get lucky,if they dont they expire. My recent buys in celebrities alone totaled more than over $100.DO NOT level charges against me or anyone else unless you have factual evidence. False accusations against anyone in the U.S or the world for that matter is grounds for a civil suit on the basis of Slander and Defamation of character. Another hypocrisy of this is the same wemlonian purchased a handful of celebs during the same time..

Third
I personally am sick and tired of jealous individiauls riding coattails of a few successful weblonians. If you cannot be a success by original means then dont be a like "crab" ina basket and pull down other successful weblonians. Eventually the successful ones will tire of the childlike antics and either move on to a more adult acting online site or just limit their activity on Weblo. Either way it will hurt Weblo and in turn hurt you the same member that caused it. Remmber Weblos alexa ranking is rising for a few reasons and quite frankly i would have to say 25% because of Arrfdude and a few others. DO NOT try and emulate their success by copying or trying to knock them off a pedestal. Noone got anywhere by trying to make another look bad.If you can't be successful on your own accord or with origianl ideas then just f'n quit. Many players here have found a theme or way to be successful,webloid with properties, Hampton Beach with cities, Nr with mega cities, Arrf with the hit parade,etc..let them be successful and find your own way to win without pulling them down

Fourth
Copying ones content off their page is a direct violation of WEeblos TOS and also internet protocal.

Fifth
If you have a rpoblem or concern bring the issue to the weblonian it concerns with out constant tattling to Weblo support. I have addressed many issues directly to many mebers,including posting of comments etc and for the most part these memebrs have cooperated. This is the man to man approach and if you cant handle that approach then go back to kindergarten or just quit.

Sixth
This one "prominent Weblonian" has basically ruined my weblo experience, As many of you ahve seen i spend quite a bit of time on Weblo and quite a bit of money also. i am seriously considering reducing both in light of the recent events. While i have established some good friendships with many here, all it takes is one bad apple to spoil a bunch and one has appeared..While this won't deter me or cause me to shift strategy or sell anything, it will greatly change my weblo time and effort and well i just may end up like all those old weblonians that log on on the 15th and thats about it. So don't take it eprsoanl if i do not reply to emails on weblo or anywhere else,dont blame me blame the prominet weblonian crab...

Seventh
If after all this you are still mad at a fews success, then let me give you an idea,try spending some money on weblo. Most successful weblonians have spent and regualry spend money on agood assets. If you were here early and are just hanging on then only blame yourself
Back to top Go down
dns340
Soldier
dns340

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2008-02-02

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 11:32

sorry i haven't seen what your talking about, who are you directing this to charles,thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.cashrental.com
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 11:48

not u dns..am sure the member knows who she or he is,but im not in the business of ratting out names etc...but it also apllies to anyone at weblo..
Back to top Go down
HAMPTONBEACH
Legionnaire
HAMPTONBEACH

Number of posts : 132
Registration date : 2008-02-05

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 12:44

STATED PERFECT IM SURE WEBLO HAS NO PROBLEM WITH YOU BEING ONE OF THE LEADERS!
This weekend dont forget the Games below!
http://www.weblo.com/property/city/Beijing/397636/
Back to top Go down
http://www.internationaldrive.com
Webloid
Governor

Number of posts : 389
Registration date : 2008-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 13:28

Someone must be jealous of you CPE... Don't sweat it too hard, those at the top always tend to be targets. Build your empire and outlast them all :C)
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/Webloid/
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 15:22

I'm going to leave this up ...for the time being. If it gets to personal use email because its gone.
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
nrmillions
Land Owner

Number of posts : 204

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 17:00

Webloid wrote:
Someone must be jealous of you CPE... Don't sweat it too hard, those at the top always tend to be targets. Build your empire and outlast them all :C)

There is actually someone on Weblo who is jealous of CPE? LOL.
Back to top Go down
http://www.weblo.com/member/nrmillions/
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 18:27

yep because i own Lago Abuja and cape town not to emntion the sacred ANNABAH
Back to top Go down
snkdoctor2
Soldier
snkdoctor2

Number of posts : 46
Registration date : 2008-02-16

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 20:34

CPE ,I feel your pain, someone recently flagged one of my sites as offensive. I'm just an old guy trying to play the game as best I can. I admit some times I try things that seem to be working for other players, not for a lack of imagination, but because I would like some successful sites to compete quickly on the playing field. It has been said that " imitation is the most sincere form of flattery'". It is a good thing that you know who it was who did you, wish I was as knowledgeable in my case. " Keep On Trucking" .
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeFri 15 Aug - 22:21

snk u own chicago,,nuff said thre,,u dont need anything else..lol...ur doing fine and thanks for the support,have been told in life is best to have thick skin,so thick it is. A grea example of originalit is your soulsistas.com...very original name and thats what im talkin abiut,,u made it up built it and keep adding to it...kudos to you for that site
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 8:47

Screw it CPE, Global Nuclear War is the best way to handle such things
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 10:02

my silos are stocked...!
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 10:06

Well who the hell has the "football"?
Back to top Go down
HAMPTONBEACH
Legionnaire
HAMPTONBEACH

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 11:19

I HAVE THE FOOTBALL ITS IN D.C. LOL!!!!

STOP AND WATCH THE GAMES!
http://www.weblo.com/property/city/Beijing/397636/
Back to top Go down
http://www.internationaldrive.com
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 19 Aug - 12:56

Well I feel better no, Hamp you seem like the least disgruntled player I've met.
Back to top Go down
yavanna
Soldier

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 15:43

Wow! Glad you made the statements! Glad to understand the tactics but do not see how you get right to new members? I was one of the new members you contacted with that offer. I thought it a bit surly and sat on the idea, then realized it was the Only Free celeb I got. I really like Marilyn, first time I ever had a fan site, etc... Then I thought it was a bit creepy, esp if you knew they were sort of hard to get. That is just a side note. Since you have had trouble with this however, I will make you aware of the following.

I did ask one member, whom I feel to be reputable and who I hope will read this too, about you. I heard no reply and thought you might be both members. After getting to know the member a bit better and see their posts. I now believe that the person was just not the gossipy type. A good sign and still these facts remain true:

1) It is one's choice if they do business with you.

2) You have been nothing but hospitable in your approach.

3) You have been very supportive and informative

4) You are a highly successful contributing member of the weblo community.

5) Weblo has so much stuff to fix already anyone would be stupid to burden them with anything else when we have really challenging problems we want them to deal with.

Why I bought the rest of Weblo sucks? I want them to redeem themselves. I'm wanting to save the domains as a positive marketing tactic when they get their stuff together. I'm not a hater, so I'm not all about using them to bash Weblo, but I do wish they would get their stuff together.

I think we as a group must come to an understanding that it is in our best interest to SAVE the Weblo community. Either by working with the owners, or like a suggestion I saw was to reproduce the site and make it valid, by vesting all members that sign up within a given time frame the right to own the same communities. Only fair I think. Yes, it is to my disadvantage, but honest. Anyway, I found out I can host the group with Rackspace or Orvis. Rackspace it more professional to work with and has better support. I've known them a lot longer and I don't have to pay for hosting. Only need access to the basic site plan which is currently being looked into. I am planning to host a 'real life " weblo meetup for folks in my area. But I have a hard time selling people on something I can't honestly stand behind. Rackspace stock just IPO'd. Some of them are looking for ways to invest in something fun and productive. But this entire Idea of supporting the development of a new site was not my intention when I first got here. I only wanted to play and promote my educational sites. But when I host articles, right material and go through all the checking etc. and add pics. only to get No Credit Whatso ever, well... sorry, I like sex and love too much to be considered a Bit** plus I breast fed my kids, so I have issues with people being considered a derogatory symbol of a mother dog. I just can't be a Bit**, I need information. I need powerful decisions.

"When in the course of human events...alter... abolish" I don't know. What do you guys think? Can we work together and save Weblo as it is, or do we all just delete our info here and place it in a more reputable location. I really don't care where it is hosted ultimately, just don't want it to be slow. Must be able to handle the traffic. And keep it properly maintain with some fanatical support. Anyone ever heard of "Thoughtworks?" we could get those guys to help too. I am actually a humanist and philanthropist. I don't Need Weblo, I need to make positive Acquaintances who are mature and have a motivated desire to do something productive in a community where they have the ability to make a lucrative return. I don't believe there is anything wrong with that. I just don't want to upset the owners and make them run with our money. I really want a harmonious relationship with weblo.

I saw some of those thumbs down on some members posts. It was real strange. Made my page look bad so I went to the sites that I saw, reviewed the material, and gave them a thumbs up if it was merited and nothing to the ones with no content. Just seemed like the right thing to do. But I did sense a Troll.

I know it was stated that the thumbs up doesn't go that far. But if a little green finger can help at all, I think we should do it. If anyone is aware of a template similar to weblo's please give me a shout out. I'm thinking of just giving Senate members the opportunity to host as many free sites as we actively can. Maybe we can direct our own traffic to our sites by putting up our own pointers. I'm just not a quitter, unless it's a lost cause.

I am by no means an IT person. I wish I had more help in that area for my own websites. I have back end help but not the ability to make cool graphics etc. But if some one has something cool they want to put up we can do that and then direct all the links back to our weblo sites. Sort of do our own promoting. Surly some of you have other products to sell or could find some. Heck, i've got an auction site, just sitting around. Got mad at ebay, when their paypal affiliate got us into identity theft when someone hacked their system. We can fill that up! With all this typing I guess what i'm realizing is that I have lots of options. Money ultimately is just that. Theft if just that as well. Do you guys just take what they offer, deal with the results and work around them constantly? Have they ever honored a request? I'm just probing for answers that may help me make my own decisions. I will close with reiterating that I am not interested in Chatty catty involvement. Progress in a positive direction... I'm all for that! Get back at me with some ideas please. Or at least just tell me to drop the weblo game and suggest I try something new. Ultimately, I know it is my decision, but Life can be so much fun. Why hinder life with maybe a group of about 3 to 5 guys attempting to pull off a get rich quick scheme. They need help and tech support. But what can We do, to make our experiences better? How can we work together to make a positive change in the weblo environment?

My very best regards to all of you,

Yavanna
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 16:06

wow great write up,,,you can find new members by clciking on communties/ recently joined and then all recently joined,,it lists the mmebrs that all joined,where they jpined from and if they have reg istered a celeb,,yea, thats a tactic i used quite a lot,now time for someone else to use itbut celebs are so easy to get,i have 5 brothers and sisters,they could all join and register one and gift it to me,,heck i have over 250 cousins,,250 phone calls and i ahve 250 cleebs,,so celebs are truly a abin of weblo,i choose not to do the above,or at least not run it in the ground,,i HOPE we can save weblo,i have invested a quite a bit of time and $ here. We ALL want it to work even though we are hard and bash them sometimes,it is however their own actions/inactions that cause us some much grief and loss of revenue and loss of hope. i'm in for whatever it may be,but i am not going to be a sucker anymore,for anyone..so where to from here....i dont really know for sure...
Back to top Go down
yavanna
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 16:21

I see what you mean, I had friends over the other week end. We all got on. Then I started seeing stuff about Ip's and such and was like, OMG I'm going to be kicked off for someone using my laptop! But since I knew it wasn't true and was verifiable, I thought it would be fine. But when they sut down a VIP just before renewal, I start to wonder.

Yes, I too am not all about being a sucker. I just feel we would work better in numbers in some was and then at times, I feel, "why waste time on something that wasn't able to give you anything in the first place. I can't believe how my name is coming up on other people's google searches now! Then still, I go to the site, no reference to me what so ever. What is that all about?

I have a few friends checking out the site more, I'll keep you posted. But no rash decisions, please. I too will buy no further domains or anything until the fix things a bit. But I was really hoping to get a few more properties. Now, I don't know.

I would hope that the most influential members could collaborate on a poll of sorts that we could all come to a decision on how to approach them. I don't want to keep working on sites that I never get credit for.

Take Care,
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 16:30

if you are using you real name u might want to think about a screen name,or you name will/may be tagged on searches with pages/content you may not so much desire...hence most people use screen names,i at one time,had my screen anme to reflect my business Charleston Private Equity LLC. but i wasn't liking the tags it was getting so i changed it to a more eye comforting name..lol..ok,,on to working together, well i surely own too much "stuff' to give up,im here for them to succeed, on fair terms though,if they suceed im sure i ultimately succedd with my holdings.. how to approach them?well we've tried the letter,we've tried agenda items,i am no sure as each one we get a run around answer...I think we need to see a sign from them that they are committed and care about success AND the members success before we do to much..
Back to top Go down
yavanna
Soldier

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 16:46

Sounds good, i will do my best to make it so. I don't want my investments wasted either. I believe the basic concept is Great! I just want it to work! I want the assurance from others like you, that you are not going to just bail out of this.

I'll do some things here and see if wee can get better advertising results and twist what they have done to work in our favor.

That's about all i have time for now.

Remember, Chin Up!
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 16:48

well one of the drawbacks of holding 266 cities and 800 plus domains is "bailing" is quite hard to do....heck i couldnt eeven paddle out if i wanted to...lolol....btw u can always come down to the chat box and chat if interested...on main forum page...sometimes we are all there brainstorming..
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitimeTue 26 Aug - 16:53

the basic concept could be a Multi billion dollar network. Small bsuniess across the globe could register their own business as property and update their own webpages with videos etc..at a very cheap rate,where this got off track of building cities up building by building,property by property i am not sure. but it needs to be put back on track. Weblo and everyone needs to reach out to business everywhere, major hotel chaines, real estate agents,travel aganets,all registering their buildings,offices
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Think before you speak   Think before you speak Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Think before you speak
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Weblo Senate :: The Senate Floor :: Daily Assembly-
Jump to: