The Weblo Senate
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Weblo Senate

SPQW - Senātus Populusque Weblonus

WebloHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Auctions_please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Number of posts : 1590
Registration date : 2008-02-01

Auctions_please Empty
PostSubject: Auctions_please   Auctions_please Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul - 10:54

Minimum bid- the basic bottom line price where the bidding STARTS!, this does not mean you are going to get the asset.

Reserve price-This is the price that if met YOU WILL GET THE ASSET automatically

Please do not expect to get any cities or anything else at the minimum price. you will only be in for a let down. I myself and others did not spend countless hours,days,weeks, and months at Weblo.com managing and strategically buying and selling assets to one day sell one for 1/4 of it's worth. at least not me, if you want a city pay the price or piper for that matter. It is not my fault you found weblo late,i can remember only a handful of times where i let an asset go below where i bought it. I very rarely will let any city go below $18 so if you don't have $18 or the reserve price beg it,borrow it or do not bid
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Auctions_please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions_please   Auctions_please Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul - 14:41

The devils advocate would say don't set the min below your acceptable level. Off course seting it lower allows a bidding war to breakout, however except in cases of extremly low reserves almost every asset I've purchased through auction has come well below reserve. Weblos market price does not really exist, it's the sole descretion of the bider to make an offer if the seller does not accept it so be it. If there truely was a market for weblo assets it would be annoying as hell if one could not set a min offer/bid price, but do to the existence of non active members holding desireable assets the lowball offer/bid comes through ocasionally. It's like the old Eddie Murphy skit, 9 tinmes out of 10 he gets slapped in the face, but that 10th its magic. It's that 10th (or 50th) that keeps them lowball offers coming and it's a beutiful thing when you pay $2 and sell it for $80, 5 hours latter.
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Auctions_please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions_please   Auctions_please Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul - 14:51

true nole,im just sayin dont get mad at the person for not accepting the min bid...if he does good for you,,but shouldnt be held against the owner of an asset just because he doesnt want to let ana sset go at 1/2 the price he paid for it...
Back to top Go down
charleston
Director of the Senate
charleston

Auctions_please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions_please   Auctions_please Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul - 15:10

bot alos nole Minimum bids are there for other reasons too...example.say u win a auction at $9 for a city of mine,,,however didnt meet reserve..if you reallyw anted it you could message me and say "hey i won the auction,and didnt meet reserve,if you can accept my min. ill toss you back x said domain or z subpar celeb ...etc..."...opens up potential deal making...
Back to top Go down
nolemater
Governor
nolemater

Number of posts : 358
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Auctions_please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions_please   Auctions_please Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul - 15:38

Ah but you forget trick number 17, look at the recently closed auctions and send a offer slightly higher than the highest bid
Back to top Go down
Admin
Governor
Admin

Number of posts : 426
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Auctions_please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions_please   Auctions_please Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jul - 17:01

mm Mad
Back to top Go down
https://weblo.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

Auctions_please Empty
PostSubject: Re: Auctions_please   Auctions_please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Auctions_please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Weblo Senate :: The Senate Floor :: Daily Assembly-
Jump to: